WOOHOO July 22nd and I order my Finals parts for my new build!! Need Advice! - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-20-2007, 09:41 PM   #11 (permalink)
gone
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,051
Send a message via AIM to Gabb
Default Re: WOOHOO July 22nd and I order my Finals parts for my new build!! Need Advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyCurious View Post
What was your degree in? (not sure if that made sense...) Or maybe I should say... what is your major?
Civil Engineering
__________________

Gabb is offline  
Old 07-20-2007, 09:45 PM   #12 (permalink)
gone
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,051
Send a message via AIM to Gabb
Default Re: WOOHOO July 22nd and I order my Finals parts for my new build!! Need Advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyCurious View Post
Well, I have a keyboard that I'll reuse... but for the mouse I just bought a cheap Logitech optical mouse, it was about $30.
Bah well if you bought such a decent gaming machine, and theres ANY advice I can give you, its dish out the extra 40-50 bucks to buy a gaming grade mouse at the very least. I highly recommend the MX-518 ( best mouse in the WORLD in my opinion ) or the newest model the Logitech G5. Once you use these gaming mouses regularly you will be UTTERLY amazed at how you ever used regular crappy mouses before them. I went one step further and got the G11 gaming grade keyboard, all very happy with my choices. I mean your input to the computer should be just as important as the computers output ( monitor ) and the computers hardware to do the output ( gpu mainly ).

Also note, the mouse and keyboard should last you at the very least 5 years so its a good investment. Most people on these forums go the really crappy route and buy some 5 dollar keyboard and mouse, something I cannot even concieve of doing.
__________________

Gabb is offline  
Old 07-20-2007, 10:21 PM   #13 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
 
veg1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 19,993
Default Re: WOOHOO July 22nd and I order my Finals parts for my new build!! Need Advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabb View Post
Bah well if you bought such a decent gaming machine, and theres ANY advice I can give you, its dish out the extra 40-50 bucks to buy a gaming grade mouse at the very least. I highly recommend the MX-518 ( best mouse in the WORLD in my opinion ) or the newest model the Logitech G5. Once you use these gaming mouses regularly you will be UTTERLY amazed at how you ever used regular crappy mouses before them. I went one step further and got the G11 gaming grade keyboard, all very happy with my choices. I mean your input to the computer should be just as important as the computers output ( monitor ) and the computers hardware to do the output ( gpu mainly ).

Also note, the mouse and keyboard should last you at the very least 5 years so its a good investment. Most people on these forums go the really crappy route and buy some 5 dollar keyboard and mouse, something I cannot even concieve of doing.
sry, but whats with the hype of the gaming mice, are they good with them fo shizzle' cuz i play a lot of FPS's like Halo, Crysis (when it comes out) and mass amounts of Soldier Front
__________________
I do not accept help requests and/or deleted threads/complaints by PM, Profile or IM/Email. Just ask on the forums! Also, I do have Lockerz invites if you want them, feel free to PM me your email if you want one :0

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the
or under my avatar; it helps me know that my advice actually helped you.


.. But things don't go according to plan! My Actual Rig, 2009:
veg1992 is offline  
Old 07-20-2007, 10:28 PM   #14 (permalink)
gone
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,051
Send a message via AIM to Gabb
Default Re: WOOHOO July 22nd and I order my Finals parts for my new build!! Need Advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vernong1992 View Post
sry, but whats with the hype of the gaming mice, are they good with them fo shizzle' cuz i play a lot of FPS's like Halo, Crysis (when it comes out) and mass amounts of Soldier Front
Its really something undescribable, but definately the feel for the mouse is a HUGE factor. Comfort is everything since your hand will be on the mouse while you use your computer ( unless ahem...your looking at certain questionable things on the internet ). Anyways heres a quick run down of the MX-518 features:

-Optical ( the G5 is laser which is apparently somewhat superior )
-has its own MX engine which allows it to change sensitivity ( DPI on the spot, the MX-518 can do 1600 dpi while the G5 can do like 2000 dpi or something like that, this translates too accurate mouse movements when you move it fast, lesser mouses jam up or stop moving if u move it fast or jerk it ( had this problem with my regular logitech optical mouse ). The hardware built in MX engine also allows you to change teh sensitivity on the fly with a push of a button without any drivers installed even!
-Has 2 additional buttons on the side for increased versitility ( like going prone in BF2 or switching to nade in CS source are great for the side buttons not to mention internet scrolling )
-Can attach sounds to your mouse functions ( I have the super mario bros wav mushroom up and down to my changes of sensitivity, the G5 now has a DPI display on it )
-Durable feet last something like 100k miles or something like that I dunno have to read the back of the box or go visit their website, they also have huged sized feet for the G5
-The G5s wire is actually cloth made to resist bends and wear and tear
-The G5 is made of some kind of weird rubber material that is supposed to counter grease and your hand slipping
-The G5 has a slot tray inside so you can put provided gram weights to change the weight to your liking
-crazy paint job on both the G5 and MX-518, but the MX-518s paint job is a real prize winner in my opinion, theres also cordless versions of each mice, but I don't recommend cordless for gameplay reasons

anyone who has a G5 or MX 518 or any other high end mouse ( diamondback series ) will recommend them HIGHLY over any regular mouse, I'm sure of it

thats all I can think of for now, visit logitech.com for more details, please note the MX-518 and G5 are specifically made for right handed people only, if u need left handed look into the diamondback series which are ambidextrous
Gabb is offline  
Old 07-21-2007, 03:04 AM   #15 (permalink)
Uber Sanoob Techie
 
san21893's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Westchester County, New York
Posts: 634
Send a message via AIM to san21893
Default Re: WOOHOO July 22nd and I order my Finals parts for my new build!! Need Advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabb View Post
Its really something undescribable, but definately the feel for the mouse is a HUGE factor. Comfort is everything since your hand will be on the mouse while you use your computer ( unless ahem...your looking at certain questionable things on the internet ). Anyways heres a quick run down of the MX-518 features:

-Optical ( the G5 is laser which is apparently somewhat superior )
-has its own MX engine which allows it to change sensitivity ( DPI on the spot, the MX-518 can do 1600 dpi while the G5 can do like 2000 dpi or something like that, this translates too accurate mouse movements when you move it fast, lesser mouses jam up or stop moving if u move it fast or jerk it ( had this problem with my regular logitech optical mouse ). The hardware built in MX engine also allows you to change teh sensitivity on the fly with a push of a button without any drivers installed even!
-Has 2 additional buttons on the side for increased versitility ( like going prone in BF2 or switching to nade in CS source are great for the side buttons not to mention internet scrolling )
-Can attach sounds to your mouse functions ( I have the super mario bros wav mushroom up and down to my changes of sensitivity, the G5 now has a DPI display on it )
-Durable feet last something like 100k miles or something like that I dunno have to read the back of the box or go visit their website, they also have huged sized feet for the G5
-The G5s wire is actually cloth made to resist bends and wear and tear
-The G5 is made of some kind of weird rubber material that is supposed to counter grease and your hand slipping
-The G5 has a slot tray inside so you can put provided gram weights to change the weight to your liking
-crazy paint job on both the G5 and MX-518, but the MX-518s paint job is a real prize winner in my opinion, theres also cordless versions of each mice, but I don't recommend cordless for gameplay reasons

anyone who has a G5 or MX 518 or any other high end mouse ( diamondback series ) will recommend them HIGHLY over any regular mouse, I'm sure of it

thats all I can think of for now, visit logitech.com for more details, please note the MX-518 and G5 are specifically made for right handed people only, if u need left handed look into the diamondback series which are ambidextrous
Dude, you made that whole thing sound like logitech is paying you lol. Nice description.
__________________
san21893 is offline  
Old 07-21-2007, 03:18 AM   #16 (permalink)
gone
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,051
Send a message via AIM to Gabb
Default Re: WOOHOO July 22nd and I order my Finals parts for my new build!! Need Advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by san21893 View Post
Dude, you made that whole thing sound like logitech is paying you lol. Nice description.
lol...yeah...I wasted like 3 minutes of my life typing that out...::sniff::, but I'm a HUGE fan of logitech computer accessories. In fact when i worked at Bestbuy as a teenager I would always recommend them highly to customers to the point where my manager inquired if I worked at Logitech or not, haha. All mouses and keyboards are NOT made equally...
Gabb is offline  
Old 07-21-2007, 06:07 AM   #17 (permalink)
Monster Techie
 
alexsabree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: United States
Posts: 1,845
Default Re: WOOHOO July 22nd and I order my Finals parts for my new build!! Need Advice!

Yeah logitech dominates in those areas...

I am buying a g11 keyboard and g7 mouse (i cant stand the cord) this weekend

So why would you suggest getting a g5 over a g7 (besides price)
alexsabree is offline  
Old 07-21-2007, 08:53 AM   #18 (permalink)
MetalHead Techie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,912
Default Re: WOOHOO July 22nd and I order my Finals parts for my new build!! Need Advice!

some ppl have a problem with wireless
__________________
Proc Intel 2500k
Video XFX 6950 1Gb
Display 22'' Monitor Chemei 5ms RT, 800:1 CR
Mobo Biostar Z68A+
Mem 4 gb PNY DDR3 1600
Case afk
Sound Logitech z-5300e 5.1 + Razer Orca's + Creative Soundblaster Audigy SE
PSU Corsair 520hx
OS Windows 7 64-bit
Cooling Corsair H60 Liquid Cooling
HDD Hitachi 1Tb
Invisible is offline  
Old 07-21-2007, 11:45 AM   #19 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
 
veg1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 19,993
Default Re: WOOHOO July 22nd and I order my Finals parts for my new build!! Need Advice!

exactly,, some ppl don't care for wireless
__________________
I do not accept help requests and/or deleted threads/complaints by PM, Profile or IM/Email. Just ask on the forums! Also, I do have Lockerz invites if you want them, feel free to PM me your email if you want one :0

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the
or under my avatar; it helps me know that my advice actually helped you.


.. But things don't go according to plan! My Actual Rig, 2009:
veg1992 is offline  
Old 07-21-2007, 12:02 PM   #20 (permalink)
Super Techie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 412
Default Re: WOOHOO July 22nd and I order my Finals parts for my new build!! Need Advice!

My trusty ball mouse hasn't failed me yet :-) Just Have to clean everyday.
__________________

__________________
Case: COOLER MASTER Centurion 5
Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3R
CPU: Intel Core Duo E6750 2.66GHz @ 3.2GHz
GPU: EVGA GeForce 8800GTS 320MB
PSU: CORSAIR CMPSU-520HX 520W
RAM: G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR2 800
(RIP) HDD 1: Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320GB
HDD 1: Western Digital Caviar Blue 320 GB
HDD 2: Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 500GB
HDD 3: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB
HS: ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler
OS: Windows XP 32 Bit Home :rolleyes:
Audio: Maya1010 Pci with Breakout Box
BlueHeaven is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I'll be ordering my parts on the 22nd, this is my tentative rig... Freebirth New Systems | Building and Buying 35 07-17-2007 11:32 PM
Hardest decision for July 22nd builders Gabb New Systems | Building and Buying 48 07-17-2007 04:59 AM
Decisions come July 22nd Gabb New Systems | Building and Buying 93 07-11-2007 11:29 PM



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.