wont boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

taintedplay

lolwut?
im building a comp for my mom, on a sk939 board. its parts my dads been using for a while. well, they worked tell he put them in my room today. When i turned it on, it would boot up but nothing would ever come on the screen. so i changed graphics cards, and still no luck. opened it up, realized that the fan on my northbridge never spins, and the processor fan stops spinning after about 20 seconds. Any clue what this could be?

You should post this in the Hardware Troubleshooting section.

Check that all your cables from the PSU are plugged and locked firmly into the video card and motherboard.

I just had the same problem putting together or should I say re-putting together a AMD system, Turns out he didn't have the cpu seated all the way, I pulled it and reseated it then put it all back together, and now it boots right up. Now I just have to get his work station card to work right, The system works great with a old ATI card I had in my second system, but don't want to lite up the monitor with the work station card. But you may have jolted something when it moved so check to see if all is seated right and hopefully it will work for you.

Dauntae

Either cpu, memory, video isn't seated or one or more of your power cables aren't plugged in all the way. Instead of hunting for it I would just unplug everything and put it back together. resteat the ram, cpu, video card, unplug and replug all power cables and make sure your wall plug is secure also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom