Wondering about new hardware and formating

Status
Not open for further replies.

DwayneDays

In Runtime
So sometime in the future I was thinking of upgrading to a crossfire board. I was wondering if I'll have to uninstall and reinstall windows to add a new board or not? Also would it work for me to just get a new hd with it clean install windows on that and have my secondary my old harddrive? I wouldnt need to do anything to have all my old stuff on the old hd would I?

I've also been wondering this. Say I get one of those DX10 cards when they come out from ati. Will they be crossfire compatible? Like if I pair my 1900xt with a ati dx10 enabled card will it boost performance?

I doubt you will have to format when moving to a crossfire board. Getting another Harddrive is good to do, if you need the space. If you're not pushed for space at all then its just a waste of money for unused space.

If your harddrive is particularly old then you might want to consider replacing it anyway, if not I'd say just stick with it.

im not a big Ati fan myself, but i think that you wouldnt be able to pair DX 9 & DX 10 cards.

Whenever you change the mobo, win xp takes a spaz & wont boot. if you have the money, get another hard drive, install windows on the new harddrive & use the other hard drive for games/music etc.
If you dont have the money, back up crucial files & format & re install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom