Wondering about DVD Burners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabb

gone
So I have a SAMSUNG 18X DVD±R DVD Burner With 12X DVD-RAM Write, LightScribe Technology Black SATA Model SH-S183L - OEM

So as most of you know, OEM doesnt come with any manual or CDs with drivers or DVD burning software. So I was wondering...is there some way to get their official drivers or can I just go ahead and use Nero or whatever DVD burning programs? Anyone have any suggestions?

I bought an OEM dvd-drive from canada computers, and it came with software and drivers. But I haven't even touched the cd yet and burnt many cds and dvds. I'm not even sure you need to use the software. I have an LG.

U can just start burning/using ur drive but download newest firmware/drivers as well. doesn't have to be straight away

U can just start burning/using ur drive but download newest firmware/drivers as well. doesn't have to be straight away

what do you mean I can just start burning dvds? Theres like...no software to allow me to burn it. My question was do I need to get the official software or do you guys just use all those third party software? ( Nero etc )

You can just use Nero if that's what you have/wanna use. I have an OEM drive (Lite-On), but it did come with an OEM version of Nero, but I already had a copy of Nero on my comp, and have also used Sonic with it, and burned ISO's with PowerISO as well before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom