witch is better right now a athlon 63 3700 san diego or a athon 3800 x2

Status
Not open for further replies.
P.P. Mguire said:
You cant notice the difference between 20 and 54785472FPS. Its all a gimmic. Thats why i can play max settings on my 9800XT in the LAN rig cause it does bout 15-20 in everything cept FEAR. If i wanna play FEAR i go to my main rig which does it max around 30-45.

I'm sorry, but I easily spot the difference between 20 or 30, and 60 FPS.

Thank you. He's making up his own Hearsay.

P.P. Mguire said:
Then what planet are you from Spock? The human eye can only see about 20-30 fps, period.

I'm going to listen to a 17 year old with less than no experience in the field?

On my crappy comp I have now I can play CS fine at 30 fps but when I play DoD 20 fps just doesnt cut it.

ok so frame rates are like the diference bettween one of those old movies with a projestor and a pixar movie the more frame rates the smoother the elements tranform so to speak?

umm, well not exactly...that's not WHY the newer films look smoother, but could be a useful analogy in how games look when comparing 15fps to 30+fps.

in reality, almost all movies are at 24fps. they just look smooth because of the blurring effect which makes the transition between frames smoother.

unfortunately, to recreate a "blurring" effect in a game would require much higher frame rates or else the blurring wouldn't look smooth, lol.

basically the difference is just how smooth the game looks. especially noticeable during fast action.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom