Wish me luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pro2a

In Runtime
I got my new motherboard... I'm getting ready to install it and then Windows 7. I've backed up everything I want to save on to my 1TB external. Bookmarks, pictures, music, videos, Steam (A server for my games) and a bunch of other misc. stuff. I even went through and saved all my forum passwords and updated them as applicable. Many of them I've been able to get into simply because they were saved into my cookies... and most of those passwords I had long forgot. So I did all that. I feel like I've backed up everything and I am ready to do this...

I'll have my laptop as a guide as I'm doing this... wish me luck. Hopefully sometime tonight I'll be up and running again if all goes right :)

Wish me luck!

Good luck mate, hope all goes well
_cheer__by_siniajinia2.gif

I'm on my laptop and all was great. The Mobo started up nicely, and after I fiddled with BIOS for a bit it even detected my dual boot... I said to heck with it and ran GParted anyway and got rid of both XP and Vista. Currently Windows 7 is installing.

My only gripe about this new motherboard is that the power, reset and led connectors were clear to the left. I literally had to take the whole case apart and feed the wires thru where the hard drives normally sit just to get it to reach. Even then it just barely did. Why they put those connectors on the bottom left is beyond me. This was a temporary fix, I plan to get extenders in the near future.

Woo Hoo!!!

Well I sucessfully did it :) Aside from a few drivers here and there, I have Windows 7 up and running and I am currently posting from my PC again. All I can say is... wow... Windows 7 64 bit is 150% faster then Vista 32 bit. I mean it is MOVING. I did add 4GB more of RAM in addition.

Tomorrow I plan on installing all my software again and copying all my saved stuff on my external back over... but I think I'm going to call it a night right now. I have work in the morning. I will update tomorrow with pictures of my progress. For some reason I can't get my SD reader to detect...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom