Wiring a Creative Soundblaster Proprietary Audio Connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cunjo

Daemon Poster
It turns out that the Creative Soundblaster Audigy SE card that I bought for my new custom rig has a proprietary 10-pin wiring connector for their I/O Front Panel. This creates a problem for me because I want to connect my own case's front panel audio jacks to it, and Creative doesn't supply a wiring guide. Their user manual simply says "Provides a proprietary connection for other devices. Do not connect a device to this connector unless instructed to do so."

I really need that headphone and mic port on the front of my case to work. Can anyone tell me how to wire it?

and no, I can't get their proprietary panel, because I need the other ports on my own panel.

Cooler Master CM Stacker 810 Full Tower panel.

I have a wiring chart for the panel, but I need a wiring chart for the soundblaster card to figure it out (since all of the pins are unmarked).

The CM Stacker wiring has plugs for AC'97, HD-AUD and Azailia, and also individual pin connectors to attach it to non-supported socket standards.

It turns out I'd need a proprietary wiring harness anyway, since the pins wouldn't fit my universal connectors. :/

I hate proprietary garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom