Wireless Inteference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sport1031

Daemon Poster
I have a 2.4GHz wireless G connection to my router in my house. It is a USB adapter that sits on top of my monitor. If I got the Logitech G7 or the Saitek P3000 (both are wireless at 2.4GHz), do you think that I will loose the connection to the internet by having them close together? Sometimes when someone uses the 2.4GHz phone in my house I loose connection.

Having them close together should not hamper the signal, it SHOULD make it better. But one know cause of interference is having the components too close tothe monitor, perhaps moving it off the top would make it better. I keep mine on top of my desk, about 2-3' from the monitor.

AFAIK, nothing helps the cordless phone issue, except maybe moving it farther from the router.

Good luck!

I'm not getting any intereference from my monitor, only the phone. So you are sure there won't be any intereference between a 2.4GHz wireless mouse and my 2.4GHz wireless adapter?

Have you looked at the corded G5. If you got that this is all a non issue and you save a few dollars. I have the G5 and it's pretty darn cool. :)

i mean you wouldnt lose that big of an internet connection and if you do return the mouse lol and get the G5.

1 its optical lol
2 it probably has 800dpi
3 it doesnt have "on the fly"
4 it only has 4 buttons
5. it doesnt have adjustable weights
6 the cord is shorter
7 i could keep goign and going but im bored
8 i just orderred the mx518

PZEROFGH said:
1 its optical lol
2 it probably has 800dpi
3 it doesnt have "on the fly"
4 it only has 4 buttons
5. it doesnt have adjustable weights
6 the cord is shorter
7 i could keep goign and going but im bored
8 i just orderred the mx518

yup,
G5 has USB Report Rate: 500 reports/second
Image Processing: 6.4 megapixels/second
Ajustable DPI anywhere between 400-2000 (after drivers)
I went from an everyday logitech optical mouse to the G5 a few weeks ago and i couldn't be happier. I like it's larger size and laser is nice. Side note: the cord has a rope like feel, not rubber coated like other mice, just something i thought was interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom