Windows XP SP3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VampD

In Runtime
So yeah I'm really glad I made the decision to stick with windows xp instead of going vista and games are running on my system just fine with SP2. So I know SP3 came out a while ago and i read up on it a bit but still haven't got the jist of what it mainly does exactly? Does anyone recommend it for an all gaming system? does it improve performance or just incorporate potential crashes/bugs?

I have installed SP3 on both of my pcs, but so far i haven't noticed any changes what so ever when doing anything on my desktop pc (music, mail, internet, games, etc.) but on my work laptop i have noticed that i can't run some of the programs i use every now and then (computer forensic related). although i have yet to even check out what it was supposed to do, i just assumed that if MS decided to release another SP for xp they probably would not drop the ball.

Service pack 3 is best installed after a reformat and fresh install, when there is pretty much no changes made to the os. This is true with any service pack for any operating system.

Thats what I did, no problems..

Service pack 3 is best installed after a reformat and fresh install, when there is pretty much no changes made to the os. This is true with any service pack for any operating system.

Thats what I did, no problems..

so does this mean if i have SP2 abd dont plan to reformat anytime soon, dont get SP3? what could be a negative consequence of this?

I would back up all important information before attempting installation of SP3.

Hmmm I dunno man...no one has ever mentioned any benefits so far its:

Pros: unknown
Cons: May corrupt your current system if its not reformated

doesn't seem too appealing right now :p can anyone make a case for it?

no it was originally plain XP pro then SP1 then SP3. Someone on overclock.net said there was an audio bus problem with SP3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom