Windows Vista Beta cripples gaming pcs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. Also, you gamers may want to consider this...

"As of DirectX 10, to be introduced in Windows Vista, 3D features will be bound to version numbers of Direct3D. What this means is that all 3D vendors will support the same features, guaranteeing compatibility across the board. Although this may sound great, allowing for a more standardised games development environment, the reality is that Microsoft will soon be regulating the introduction of 3D features, leaving companies such as NVIDIA and ATI at the mercy of the software giant."
- Interesting Point. Ponder that for a few minutes.

Read the whole article here
http://www.atomicmpc.com.au/article.asp?CIID=24636

MrCoffee said:
Bah! I wouldn't touch a windows beta with a 20M pole. **** I don't plan to get vista until atleast SP1.

This is my feelings, also.

Of course, ya know, all versions of M$ Windows are beta. They let us buy it and then have us turn-on the error reporting so they can fix all of the problems.

This is known as "BETA" with a price!! We are paying them to test their products.

Signed, the #1 skeptic.

I got hold of a beta copy and installed it on a spare 20gig partition out of curiousity.

I wasn't impressed at all, nor did I expect to be. It's not only a Beta but it isn't scheduled to be released for a loong time

Soooo if you want all the info on this stupid program then do a search. Seriously, by the time Vista comes out anybody that games a good deal will have a good enough machine to run it. Also you gotta take into consideration that Vista is made for gaming. The new architecture they are using is to keep your D3D interface going at all times (In DX10 mode w/ DX10 card of course). Its also supposed to be that if your game crashes your D3D interface dosent meaning your desktop thats also supposed to be D3D dosent screw up. Final thing to consider is the program nor the technology is avalible to us so i dont see why your worrying so bad. Why dont you wait until mid or late 2007 when DX10 comes out THEN worry about it. For right now go play your Oblivion and FEAR on your 32bit XP.

FadingTheory I do not mean to be rude but I'm sure you haven't tested ever single beta/alpha "that was officially released" personally. I have used it as an OS and as a file on a virtual machine with 248 ram and a message apeared displaying the minimum ram requirements and yes those are the graphic card requirements to run areo with all effects. not recomended but they are minimum if you want to show me I'm wrong go right ahead.

Also gaming in Vista with low ram is not a problem because of it's new feature to shut down unessesary resources while playing a game temperarily for more power. Still I haven't seen this in a Beta first hand but it is something they promised.

whatever happened to that windows longhorn they had that leaked all over the net? did they change it to this vista thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom