Windows Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

tanda317

Solid State Member
I recently odered all the new parts for my new gaming rig. All that is left is the OS. Windows xp pro is $40 mor than home edition. Is the pro edition worth it. Also, and more importantly, i read that home edition cannot support multiple processors where the pro edition can support 2. Does this mean that xp home wont be able to handle the AMD X2 that i just got?

just go with home.. i havent really noticed a difference between my pro and home version. They can both handle your processor.. i too was a bit worried about my old windows xp being able to detect my processor... but i think thats more of a mobo issue than a windows issue

You will need service pack 2 for windows to see the other processor. I went with Pro due to the price difference was soo close, but home would have been adequte.

You will be fine with XP Home. If you are purchasing, I think you will find that the XP Home w/ SP2 is what is out there for sale. A lot of people are referring to the core XP Home (not sold for a long time now) when they mention SP2 being needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom