Winchester or Venice

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, i have heard venice overclock and stay cool better, but that might be because no one has ever tried winch

Venice. Runs cooler (just not in my unfortunate case), guzzels less power, and overclocks better. Only thing better is the San Diego and thats only available for 3700+

Venice is a newer, better core. Venice is 90nm, Winchester is 130nm. This means Venice is cooler and a better overclocker and has SSE3.

Yea, because they don't make em anymore. If you want a winchester, there has to be a reason (you're a collector for example) so they will charge you higher because of the limited stock they have.

Who actually collects processers? Besides my dad who has an amazingly old pentium pro along with some others and a stack of hard drive discs. Well to answer your question, Venice is 90nm and Winnie is 120nm. Therefore Venice is a new and more efficient technology and damn it can overclock like crazy from what I heard before it came out. 3200+ OC to 3g on stock cooling according to the thingy, dunno if you can actually get it that high by those means though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom