Will this work? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login

Old 01-05-2014, 06:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Will this work?

I've been looking around for pieces to start my own build and I've found a few parts that sparked my interest. I was hoping you could take a look at them and let me know if they are compatible with both each other and what I already have (planning on getting the new stuff and then taking out all of the pieces of my old one). Also, I will be using this for mostly moderate level gaming and for homework. The gaming portion consists of Arma 3, Battlefield 4, AC3, etc.

Case: Amazon.com : NZXT Guardian 921 RB ATX Mid Tower Case, Black 921RB-001-BL : Desktop Computer Shell Cases : Electronics

CPU: Amazon.com: AMD FD6300WMHKBOX FX-6300 6-Core Processor Black Edition: Computers & Accessories

Mobo: Amazon.com: Gigabyte AM3+ AMD DDR3 1333 760G HDMI USB 3.0 Micro ATX Motherboard GA-78LMT-USB3: Computers & Accessories

My current specs are:

Operating System
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
CPU
AMD A4-3420
RAM
8.00 GB DDR3
Motherboard
PEGATRON CORPORATION 2ACF (P0)
Graphics
1023MB GeForce GTX 550 Ti (EVGA)
PSU
Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 500w Power Supply

Will all of this work together? I'm thinking about taking my current gfx, hard drive, and disk drive, RAM, as well as any other small pieces that look like they could be useful. A few more questions on top of this. Will my 500 w power supply be sufficient enough to power all of this? Is there a wireless card in my current mobo that is removable, or is it built in? And finally, would you be able to recommend a graphics card that would be an upgrade to my current one without exceeding $200? I don't want my total budget to exceed $500.
Thanks!

DoctorFeuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 02:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Default Re: Will this work?

Amd has released the apu (accelerated processor unit) and it is known as the a serises and they have gpu inside them and it isnt very good so i wouldn't reccomend it ,rather go with with athlon or fx alos better motherboard you are trying to save some money and get best preformance also watch for the sockets they must match.

Pudlica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 07:59 AM   #3 (permalink)
Grandfather of Techist

\_(ツ)_/

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorFeuer View Post
I've been looking around for pieces to start my own build and I've found a few parts that sparked my interest. I was hoping you could take a look at them and let me know if they are compatible with both each other and what I already have (planning on getting the new stuff and then taking out all of the pieces of my old one). Also, I will be using this for mostly moderate level gaming and for homework. The gaming portion consists of Arma 3, Battlefield 4, AC3, etc.

Case: Amazon.com : NZXT Guardian 921 RB ATX Mid Tower Case, Black 921RB-001-BL : Desktop Computer Shell Cases : Electronics

CPU: Amazon.com: AMD FD6300WMHKBOX FX-6300 6-Core Processor Black Edition: Computers & Accessories

Mobo: Amazon.com: Gigabyte AM3+ AMD DDR3 1333 760G HDMI USB 3.0 Micro ATX Motherboard GA-78LMT-USB3: Computers & Accessories

My current specs are:

Operating System
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
CPU
AMD A4-3420
RAM
8.00 GB DDR3
Motherboard
PEGATRON CORPORATION 2ACF (P0)
Graphics
1023MB GeForce GTX 550 Ti (EVGA)
PSU
Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 500w Power Supply

Will all of this work together? I'm thinking about taking my current gfx, hard drive, and disk drive, RAM, as well as any other small pieces that look like they could be useful. A few more questions on top of this. Will my 500 w power supply be sufficient enough to power all of this? Is there a wireless card in my current mobo that is removable, or is it built in? And finally, would you be able to recommend a graphics card that would be an upgrade to my current one without exceeding $200? I don't want my total budget to exceed $500.
Thanks!
Yes, they will work together. I am not sure about the wireless card, though. Your PSU will handle it. The main thing is your graphics card as far as BF4 goes; I am running a 560Ti and have to run the game turned down. At least the hexa-core will make a huge difference with the game as BF4 seems to utilize all cores. You will probably have to reinstall Windows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudlica View Post
Amd has released the apu (accelerated processor unit) and it is known as the a serises and they have gpu inside them and it isnt very good so i wouldn't reccomend it ,rather go with with athlon or fx alos better motherboard you are trying to save some money and get best preformance also watch for the sockets they must match.
This is not an APU. What he is currently running is an APU, but not the one being discussed.

My Rig: SABLE
Antec 300 Illusion / Antec EarthWatts EA650 650W / ASUS GeForce GTX 960 GTX960-DC2OC-2GD5
AMD FX 8320 x8 Black Edition / Gelid Tranquillo / MSI 970A-G43
Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB / Samsung 840 120GB / WD Black 750GB / WD Green 1TB
2x4GB DDR3 1600 - 2x2GB DDR3 1600
Win10 Ent 64-bit - Mionix Naos 7000 Mouse - CM Storm QuickFire Rapid Mech Keyboard

R.I.P. Danny L. Trotter ... 14 Nov 1945 - 4 Sept 2009
Trotter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 10:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
Build Guru

How did I miss this thread......Wasn't there another one??

Yea it'll all work together.

Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 03:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Great, thanks for all the replies!
DoctorFeuer is offline   Reply With Quote