Will this work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent, brings me down to about $854.

I'm not gonna lie, I'll probably look around for a less expensive case as well to see if I can get it down to an even $800 or possibly less. If you have any ideas for something pretty inexpensive but with good cooling capabilities, I'm all ears.

Thanks, I'll look through those.

What do you think about this one ... it has 3 x 120mm fans, the reviews seem pretty solid and is touted as being good with ventilation. Then again, the price is a little too enticing and I'm worried I might be getting what I pay for here.

Yeah - as for aesthetics, all other things being equal, sure. But I don't care enough to pay extra for looks. My only concern is that nothing overheats (and, at the moment, I don't plan on overclocking anything) - for the lowest price possible.

I don't know. The case is always the hardest part to recommend for someone as everyone has completely different tastes and needs. If you aren't overclocking then you should be fine with something like that Raidmax. You will certainly need a better PSU than the one included in that case though. Also, keep in mind that just because a case has 3, 4, 5, 30 fans doesn't mean it's ventilation is good. You have to consider things like cable management and compartmentilization (keeping hotter components like PSU, hard drives, etc. seperated). That's why I recommended the Antec. One last thing, the more fans you have the louder it will be too, so just consider that.

Yeah, I've decided against the Raidmax and was leaning towards either the Sunbeam or the second Lian-Li model you linked to with the psu that you've used. Though, I might just end up going with the Lian-Li case as it seems sturdier from the reviews.

The Antec does look like a great model, but it's just more than I can spend at the moment. Also, some newegg reviewers claim it's too small to fit some hardware. Saving another 50 bucks on the Lian-Li will make a difference for me and may cover most of the cost of operating system software.

Good choice. You can't go wrong with that. Good luck with your build. If you have any problems drop back by. There's a lot of folks here that can help you out.

Thanks a lot man, I really appreciate all the help. Hopefully the next time I need any advice, it will be for an upgrade rather than a problem with this build. Until then, I'll cross my fingers in hopes that installation goes smoothly and I don't get thrown by BIOS (first time really using that as well).

Re: JohnN - ha, as far as I knew, I made it up. What's a Jojo Jam?

Time to get back to work ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom