Will this work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinoy3000

Daemon Poster
450MHz FSB x 8 Multiplier @ 1.4V on an E6600 CPU?

RAM at 4-4-4-12 900MHz @ 2.0V

Should I even dare and try it? that would make my cpu freq. go from 3.2GHz to 3.6GHz lolz.

Are you still overclocking? When will you stop? When the hardware stops working?

Should I stop already? lolz haha. I have the E6600 under warranty, enough reason for me to upgrade to a Q6600 without paying a dime. I also have the mobo under warranty too, enough reason for me to upgrade to a 680i mobo where it supports 1333FSB without me having to flash the bios hehe :D

try it
the worst case is you have to clear your cmos

Hm... whenever say.... I do some bios adjustment to overclock and it wont post after i save all settings, i usually just unplug/turn off the power supply till the "ASUS" light goes out then turn it back on again then turn the pc on and it starts to POST again but wont boot, so I have to readjust the settings in the BIOS again. So far never had to remove the battery and all that stuff which is good cuz i dont want to lolz.

BRB taking a dump. Haha lolz

Overclocking voids the warranty, i think... Only eVGA among others warrants overclocking.

Ye but not a CompUSA replacement plan haha. They/We dont even test it lolz, if a costumer say its dead, then its dead, unless its a Monitor, Computer, Laptop and all those 14 day return policy stuff. CPU and Mobo we have no way to test, we dont want to open up a certain CPU, put a ram to test out and see if a mobo works and if it post or not lolz. And there's no way for us to test cpu cuz our system/computers are old and dont run dual cores so no mobo's support it. Also the fact that we wont open and disassemble something which is really a hassle. To us we could care less cuz the store gets the money back anyway from the manufacturer. Its part of a contract or something. Any RTV "Return to Vendors" will be refunded hehe :D

Well I can only imagine how much you paid for it at a store. Couldn't you also clock a cpu back to stock speeds before you kill it and they'd never know?

The CPU when along has the same clock. The BIOS give the CPU an instruction to clock higher.

Well I can only imagine how much you paid for it at a store. Couldn't you also clock a cpu back to stock speeds before you kill it and they'd never know?

they wont know if i clocked it or not unless they see my motherboard because the mobo bios assigns all the clock speed. so say if i clocked my e6600 to 3.6GHz and installed it to a different mobo but same brand or whatever even same model #'s it will run at the stock speeds.

Also, I like this ASUS mobo. I just read the manual and it says if I overclock it wrong and wont boot or post, i can just unplug the psu or turn it off then turn it back on instead of resetting the cmos battery and all the crap woot woot :D

Here's what it says on the manual:

You do not need to clear the RTC when the system hangs due to overclocking. For system failure due to overclocking, use the C.P.R. (CPU Parameter Recall) feature. Shut down and reboot the system so the bios can automatically reset parameter setting to default values.
Due to the chipset behavior, AC power off is required to enable C.P.R. function. You must turn off and on the power supply or unplug and plug the power cord before reboot the system.

Isnt that nice? hopefully this feature works on the Striker Extreme or all ASUS mobo :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom