Will these parts work together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

XDRoX

In Runtime
I know this question gets asked a lot, but I would appreciate any comments.
I want to build a PC to learn to overclock. I don't want to spend that much, so here is what I have picked out so far. I just want to make sure these components work together. My other concern is will the video card be able to put out a 1680 x 1050 signal, because that is what my monitor's native resolution is? 2nd question is will the PC work with only 2 sticks of RAM in it, because I can't afford more right now?
I already have a Q6600 CPU, Antec 900, and cpu cooler.

Here are the parts:

GA-P35-DS3L
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX All Solid Capacitor Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

EVGA 256-P2-N297-LX
Newegg.com - EVGA 256-P2-N297-LX GeForce 6200LE TC 512MB (256MB on board) 64-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Western Digital Caviar SE WD1600AAJS 160GB
Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar SE WD1600AAJS 160GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066
Newegg.com - G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

yes they will
for gaming, no

I don't plat any games, so I just want a video card in order to use the PC.
But if I do decide to game is the only thing I have to change the video card?
The rest of the things I am buying are game friendly, right?

And does anybody know about my 1680 x 1050 resolution concern?

Thanks

Yea man looks good, you have the makings of a great gaming computer there all except the video card are superb for gaming.

Thanks for the link, I didn't see that one, I will definitely get it instead.
I need some advice on RAM. It seems like I can get a much better deal on PC2 800. Should I get the 800 instead?
Will different RAM help me OC better?

It's a good build considering that the Antec 900, the mobo, CPU, and ram are all things that will last and stay powerful for a while. The gpu and hard drive can easily be upgraded since they are so cheap anyway in the future. As for a PSU i would highly suggest getting a Corsair 450vx at a good price becuase of it's 5-year warranty to seal in the deal of having good long lasting parts for the future.
eGOODz.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers and more!!! - Product Detail

If you can't spend that much right now and want more power to handle a decent video card

go for an Xclio Goodpower or one of these
Newegg.com - Rosewill RP550 ATX V1.3/ EPS12V 550W Power Supply 115/230 V CSA, CB, TUV, FCC, UL - Power Supplies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom