Will these parts do what i need?

doubledogdare610

Beta member
I have hand-picked these myself.

What i intend to use id for: playing minecraft, video capture, little video editing, Microsoft office, etc.

-----------Parts-----------

CPU: Intel Celeron G1610 Ivy Bridge 2.6GHz LGA 1155 55W Dual-Core Desktop Processor BX80637G1610

MB: ASRock H77M LGA 1155 Intel H77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

PSU: APEVIA ATX-CB700W 700W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Power Supply - OEM

CASE: COOLER MASTER Elite 430 RC-430-KWN1 Black Steel / Plastic Computer Case

RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu Red Series 2GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 Desktop Memory Model KHX16C9B1R/2

I'm not a gamer but I do know these will give you issues:
celeron processor: Get an i5 for most gaming, if you plan on encoding video files then get an i7 quad core chip
should get a Z77 mobo
Apevia power supply? (seriously???) please do not go cheap on one of the most critical parts of your entire system
a minimum amount of memory should be 4 gb but 8 gb is supposed to be better

I'm guessing your budget isn't very high?

The Celeron isn't really that bad and could work, but problem is you don't have a GPU listed. Also, you could go with an ASRock B75 which would be cheaper, but having no GPU means all low settings and resolution with low FPS.

Absolutely do not buy such a junk PSU.

Agreed with the above, minimum should be 4GB these days.

Back to the CPU. Like I said, it isn't bad and with a GPU could do some low end gaming very well but I wouldn't try video editing or anything with it. Would take a very long time depending on what you're doing in a video editor.

I thought i said VERY LITTLE Video editing. And light Minecraft playing :p
In the future i do plan to get a GPU but it will be a long while after the build is done due to my low budget. 2GB is fine for what i do. and also i will use it for office.
like for school projects and rendering very small little things.
You'd be suprised what a pc could do without a GPU. Take an older intel pentium 4 board and CPU for example. it played minecraft almost fine. imagine what a future build like mine could do. im not really looking for enthusiast's quality.
im looking for somthing in the middle. at least somthing that would blow my friend's
HP desktop out of the water XD
and i know these parts will do the trick.
but i just want to know if it can play most modern and casual pc games.
and do office applications. this is the best i can do with my low budget.
Over the years, ive built 2 pc's but really just ripped parts out of old pc's
and 2 failed when buying new parts. :(

The laptop I'm writing this from is an Acer Aspire One. It has roughly the same specs as above: No GPU, Intel Celeron, and 2GB of RAM. Minecraft runs like a powerpoint.

I thought i said VERY LITTLE Video editing. And light Minecraft playing :p
In the future i do plan to get a GPU but it will be a long while after the build is done due to my low budget. 2GB is fine for what i do. and also i will use it for office.
like for school projects and rendering very small little things.
You'd be suprised what a pc could do without a GPU. Take an older intel pentium 4 board and CPU for example. it played minecraft almost fine. imagine what a future build like mine could do. im not really looking for enthusiast's quality.
im looking for somthing in the middle. at least somthing that would blow my friend's
HP desktop out of the water XD
and i know these parts will do the trick.
but i just want to know if it can play most modern and casual pc games.
and do office applications. this is the best i can do with my low budget.
Over the years, ive built 2 pc's but really just ripped parts out of old pc's
and 2 failed when buying new parts. :(

The laptop I'm writing this from is an Acer Aspire One. It has roughly the same specs as above: No GPU, Intel Celeron, and 2GB of RAM. Minecraft runs like a powerpoint.
This.

Not sure what you're smoking there, but I play with old parts all the time and any kind of real PC stuff on them runs like crap aside from internet and simply loading Windows. If you're still sure the stuff you chose will run fine at least change that paper weight of a PSU to something decent so it doesn't blow everything up.

The analogy was slideshow. A Powerpoint can run smooth, but how many frames per second do you get? If you had 60 frames per second in a Powerpoint slideshow, you wouldn't see ****. More like 5 frames per minute.

Back
Top Bottom