Will this psu be good enough for sli???

Status
Not open for further replies.

j12

Daemon Poster
i currently have a ultra x-connect 500w psu. with 38amps on 1 +12v rail. i was wondering if that was enough for 2x7600gs in sli, 2 optical drives, 4-5 case fans with fan controller 4x cc lights and a core 2 duo e6300. i currently have the x-connect psu with a pentium 4 506 6600 vid card 1 hdd 2 optical drives and the same amount of case fans and cc lights.

so i will change my current setup (my sig) to 2x7600gs in sli and upgrade to core 2 duo e6300. and maybe another gig of ram.

but my psu does not have a 24 pin power connector, but i could just get this power cable. http://www.ultraproducts.com/product_details.php?cPath=12&pPath=284&productID=234
and my psu also does not have any pcie power connectors, i was thinking maybe a power cable splitter then the adapter? or should i just get a brand new psu???

i have one last question. is this video card low end because it has no pci-e power connectors. because the price is the price of a mid range card.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814141031

that PSU will not be good for anything!!!!!!! go to their website and read the forums, youll see stuff like PSU dead in 5mins exchange that or sell it on Ebay now!!!!!!!! I have had 5+ die on me just so i could say i have a modular PSU personally i think that thing is garbage, my last one died and i took it apart the fuse wasnt blwon and nothing seemed wrong, but i did salvage 2 uv fans and a UVCCFL i think the X-2's are sli ready but i dont buy from ultra anymore

for 7600 gs, thats enough power... i had 2 7900gt's running sli on a 520 watt with 32 amps or something like that.. 7600 don't use too much power.. and an e6300 will also consume less power than the p4 you have now, so i think you should do good

It might work, but you should probably play it safe and not get it. A couple extra bucks for a PSU can save you hundreds later on.

OMG.... 7600gs.. do you guys not realize that card barely uses any freakin' power!!!! .... jeebus....

what all will your system have... how many fans, dvd drives and all that

I thought to run SLI it was strongly recommended that you have 2 rails. SLI certified PSUÂ’s have one rail for each x16 power connector donÂ’t they? I really donÂ’t know though, could some clarify.

TheEnd187, how do you have 6 PCI devices in one motherboard including 2 extremely huge graphics cards which are likely to cover up more then one slot?

Jumping_Bean514 said:
I thought to run SLI it was strongly recommended that you have 2 rails. SLI certified PSUÂ’s have one rail for each x16 power connector donÂ’t they? I really donÂ’t know though, could some clarify.

ya, it is recommended you have 2 railed... i don't know weather his does or not though... and i think each rail had to have like 16A or something like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom