Will my thermaltake 430w run with these?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rx7i2

In Runtime
Right now, I have a thermaltake 430w with 18a on 12v and I was wondering if this will power either a 7900GS or a x1900gt. The recommendations on newegg tells me I need a strong PSU for both cards, no so much stronger with the 7900 but a lot with the x1900, but I've read a post on some other forum saying that he ran a x1900gt just fine with my exact same PSU, the one with 1000+ reviews on newegg

It probably could... But you need to take into account that this is a very low quality power supply (as evident by its absolutely HORRIBLE 65% efficiency) that has a very good chance of dying and taking all of your components with it. I really wouldn't trust anything more then your current system with it let alone a 7900/x1900. I would really consider getting a new power supply before a new graphics card. You can get a pretty decent one for $30-50 that won't put your system at risk and will probably even save enough money on your electricity bill to offset the extra cost. Some to consider are the FSP 450W, XClio 450W, XClio StablePower 460W (my choice).

If that one came with your case then someone told me he had his Thermaltake 420 with 18A on the 12v's run a 7900GS...depends though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom