Will my system run this game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LotsaMisterZ

Solid State Member
Processor:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better or Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.0GHz or better

Operating System:
Windows XP/Vista/7

RAM:
Windows XP: 1.5GB
Windows Vista and Windows 7: 2GB
PCs using a built-in graphical chipset are recommended to have 2GB RAM

Graphics Card:
ATI X1800 or better*
nVidia 7800 or better*
Intel 4100 Integrated Graphics or better*

DVD-ROM:
8x or better

*Minimum of 256MB of on-board RAM and Shader 3.0 or better support.
My specs are
Toshiba Satellite C655 Windows 7
Intel Celeron Processor at 2.30 GHz
4 GB memory
And I'm guessing the video card is built in.
If I am missing anything let me know

Wanted to make sure it would work before I bought the game.
I just wasn't sure about the processor and the video card.
Also if my system is not good enough should I try to upgrade or just buy a new laptop.

You will likely be unable to run the game.
Your processor is lacking, and your RAM may be too. Your RAM is shared with your video card RAM.
I doubt that you can run the game, if you are able to, it will not perform well.

What game is this?
You may be able to find a demo somewhere online, this will give you an idea of how the full game will play.

Starwars the old republic not a game that i can run a demo on

Would it be easier to upgrade or should I just get a new laptop?

And also what is the difference between the intel core duo processor and something like i3, i5, or i7 or is it the same thing?

Last question whats the difference between intel and amd

You asked some questions that can be answered in many ways...

Intel and AMD are both processor companies. To keep things simple...
Intel is usually ahead core for core
AMD's APUs are ahead of Intel in terms of graphical performance
Intel's APUs are ahead of AMD in terms of processing performance
AMD is usually cheaper than Intel
Intel is seen as being ahead in processing power currently (Their i5 2500 beats the FX 8150 in most benchmarks)

The current series of processors, the "i" series (i3, i5, and i7) are the upper end series of processors from Intel. The latest ones being Sandy Bridge processors, which support a built in GPU. The difference between the current "i" series and the core 2 duo is that the core 2 duo is older technology. The Current generation of processors produce less heat, use less wattage, have a GPU built in, and are higher performance. Depending on what processors you compare, there will be a difference in transistor count, die size, TDP, number of cores, amount of cache, socket, and more.

The question you asked is broad and has a large range of possible answers.
It's akin to asking "What car maker is better brand A, or brand B?"
In terms of there is different manufacturing, different target customers, designed with different purposes in mind, designed around a certain budget and market niche, different models, and various upgrades.

Wow I didn't realize it was that broad of a question. Now I'm just wondering if I should upgrade the laptop I have or just breakdown and get a new one with better specs.

Also thanks for taking the time to help me out, I've never really understood the difference until now.

Generally the only thing you can upgrade or even change on a laptop is the ram and the hard drive. You really are best to replace the laptop in whole.

Unless you need that mobility, your best bet is a desktop computer, where you can upgrade all of the parts, and get better performance in general. buying or building, we can help you out.

Generally the only thing you can upgrade or even change on a laptop is the ram and the hard drive. You really are best to replace the laptop in whole.

Unless you need that mobility, your best bet is a desktop computer, where you can upgrade all of the parts, and get better performance in general. buying or building, we can help you out.
Agreed^^
If you do not need mobility, we can help you build your own computer :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom