Will my PSU handle Crossfire 4830's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might want to fix your sig size ;)

Well FX's used to be pricey... the last FX I believe were the FX-70 series (you know Quad-FX?)

^ Quad FX was a short time stop gap gimmick that AMD had where they sold motherboards with 2 sockets. You could put 2 Serer class Opty's in them or 2 Athlon FXs. Either way you got effectively 4 cores. Nos used to have one and sold it in the spring for about $300. The funny part is, Agena isn't much faster than it. lol

quad fx was amd attempt at competing with the kentsfields... it took took fx74's @ 3.0ghz (i think it was 3.0) to compete with a 2.4ghz q6600...

102_0147.jpg

102_0148.jpg

102_0156.jpg

that is quad fx my friend!! hottest computer i've ever owned

WOAH!!!

So AMD failed apparently, but what was the point of having a mother board with 2 CPU's designed to compete with one single CPU?

The release of Phenom was a flop. But since then Phenoms have only gotten better. With the TLB bug fixed and B3 stepping introduced. Along with the 9950 outperforming the Q6000. Something tells me that AMD should not be ruled out as of yet.

So your saying Because AMD's best cpu can beat Intel's oldest and slowest quad we shouldn't count them out. Maybe when AMD can compete with the same generation, but I haven't seen that since the days of the Athlon 64.

The release of Phenom was a flop. But since then Phenoms have only gotten better. With the TLB bug fixed and B3 stepping introduced. Along with the 9950 outperforming the Q6000. Something tells me that AMD should not be ruled out as of yet.

Q6600? The Phenom 9850 was about even though..

So your saying Because AMD's best cpu can beat Intel's oldest and slowest quad we shouldn't count them out. Maybe when AMD can compete with the same generation, but I haven't seen that since the days of the Athlon 64.

Well as far as I know the q8200 was Intel's slowest CPU according to benchmarks...

Same applied for Intel during Pentium 3 and Athlon XP, by the time they had P4 out, they had higher end versions of the XP series.. leading us here to this day with Core 2 Duo...

I don't know if the same applies but there's still slight hope for them, just like there was for Intel

There was no hope for the p4 to best Athlon 64, as there is no hope for phenom to best Core2 or Corei7. The change was caused by a new architecture. AMD must abandon K10 and make something new. K10 is inherently flawed and trying to fix it wont help, you have to start from scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom