Will my pc be able to run all games on max with upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stainer711

In Runtime
I currently have 2 gigs of ram, an Intel Core 2 Duo 2.53 Ghz processor, and a x1900xt 512mb graphics card. I can't play many new games on max currently due to my graphics card serving as a choke point. If I were to purchase the HD 4850 this christmas would I be able to play games such as Fallout 3 and Call Of Duty: World at War on Max settings on a 1280 x 1024 screen? If not, what would limit such to happen?

I currently have 2 gigs of ram, an Intel Core 2 Duo 2.53 Ghz processor, and a x1900xt 512mb graphics card. I can't play many new games on max currently due to my graphics card serving as a choke point. If I were to purchase the HD 4850 this christmas would I be able to play games such as Fallout 3 and Call Of Duty: World at War on Max settings on a 1280 x 1024 screen? If not, what would limit such to happen?

Most definitely, its quite a big jump.. but have you tried to OC your GPU?

I haven't tried overclocking with the mobo I have now. My previous mobo fried due to overclocking, so i'm just not going to mess with it.

I've overclocked the GPU in the past, but it's a horrible overclocker. It artifacts at anything above stock

I've overclocked the GPU in the past, but it's a horrible overclocker. It artifacts at anything above stock

Wow that's crazy.. I guess you got a bad one, most of the ones I know OC pretty decently...

But an HD 4850 is a nice card though :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom