will my hiper psu run a 8800gts

Status
Not open for further replies.

hazza

In Runtime
hi guys, ive just recieved my evga 8800gts in the post today, i am yet to install it in my machine. i was reading the box and it says under minimum requirements: 400 watt power supply with a minimum of 26 amps on the +12 volt rail.

i have a hiper type r 580 watt power supply, which i thought would handle this card 'a' ok, but ive gone onto hiper's website (Products - Power - HPU-4B580) and it says :

Output Parameter

+5V (± 5%)
2.0A - 36A

*****+12V 1 (± 5%)
*****1.0A - 20A

*****+12V 2 (± 5%)
*****1.0A - 18A

-12V (± 10%)
0A - 0.8A

+5VSB (± 5%)
0 - 2.5A

+3.3V (± 5%)
0.5 - 30A

as ive shown with the *****, on one +12v rail there are 20amps, and on the other there are 18amps.

so will my power supply be able to run this card? do you add the 20amps and 18amps together?

am i going to need a new powersupply? :-(
is anyone running the same psu and gfx without problems?

thanks in advance

hazza

The Hiper will do you just fine. Hipers are actually pretty decent while they work. The big drawback to Hiper (from what some have said) is they dont last as long as a lot of other psu's. You may only get a year or two of good service out of them, but during that time frame they are solid enough. The 26A referenced in the requirements is "combined" amperage, and you have 38A combined.

It was a joke as Hazza is a RL friend of mine who has been unable to game for sometime, turning him into noob status. I apologize to those who found the word inappropriate.

i didn't mean it like that, i meant like edit it quick b4 the mods give u an infraction...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom