Will my 350W PSU do for a Conroe/7600GT setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimBlanchard

Daemon Poster
Hi

I have an Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 1.8GHz and 1GB DDR2 RAM

I'm thinking of getting a 7600GT 256MB but not sure if my PSU is up for the task. It's a 360W one that came with my case. I'm not even sure what brand it is.

Is this likely to be sufficient for powering my system?

Is it there any risk of it damaging any of the components if it's not powerful enough?

Thanks

The PSU is really an essential part of your system. I suggest upgrading. Get a good brand 400 watt or something.'

uuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmhhhhhhhhh, if I were you I would never go below a 400watt PERIOD. go for atleast like a 420watt PSU by a well known company.

What would happen if I used an under powered PSU with my setup?

Do I risk damaging the CPU/GFX card?

I had a 250W PSU on my computer up until recently... after about a month of adding a graphics card and second HDD my computer would just reboot at random. I've upgraded since then and it runs fine now, I don't have a real high-end system though, so the 350W PSU I upgraded to works fine.

You won't damage anything, but your components won't perform to their full potential. The only "damage" you might suffer is corrupt files on the HDD after constant BSODs and random rebooting. But that's not guaranteed. I agree with the others, get at least something in the range of 450W.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom