Will I need a new power supply?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syphanx

Daemon Poster
Hey guys,

Now I know I have contradicted myself many times when I say that I am going for pci-e over agp.
But now I have come to decide that agp will be the thing for me (Please don't reply with posts trying to convince me otherwise, that's not what this post is about)

Now I am also buying a new Hardrive as well, 200gb ATA133 Maxtor/Seagate as well as a new gfx card ATI Raedon X800 PRO as well as another 1gb (2x 512mb) pc3200 RAM (probably OCZ), also 4x4" Blue Cathodes for my case.

I am currently running a Thermaltake TR2 430W psu, with all my future upgrades warrant a high wattage psu?

I might also add that the system is o/c from 1.86ghz - 2.13ghz.

Thanks.

I am currently running a Thermaltake TR2 430W psu, with all my future upgrades warrant a high wattage psu?
wattage is only part of the story...you need to know what the amperage for your +12v rail is...look on the side of your PSU, should be a sticky...look for +12v - 20a (it won't necessarily be 20a, just giving you an example) and let us know what it is

Nubius said:
wattage is only part of the story...you need to know what the amperage for your +12v rail is...look on the side of your PSU, should be a sticky...look for +12v - 20a (it won't necessarily be 20a, just giving you an example) and let us know what it is

It has +12V = 18A
And the -12V = 0.8A

What does that all mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom