Will this HS fit this MB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guttzu

In Runtime
So I am going to start ordering parts for my build but I was wondering if this Heat Sink will fit this MB....

HS: Prolimatech Megahalems Intel CPU Heatsink (LGA 775 / 1366) (AM2** / AM2+** / AM3**) - FrozenCPU.com

MB: Newegg.com - EVGA E758-A1 3-Way SLI (x16/x16/x8) LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

The Megahalem looks huge so I don't know if it will clear the bridge heat-sink... I guess I could always go with another HS but I really want to try this beast out!!! What fan would yall recommend to put on this beast?

I guess I could always go with a different MB too......?

From what I can see the two products look compatible, just make sure your case is big enough to fit the hs. That sticks up quite a ways.

Pretty sure it will, a lot of people on XS use that...though I think it's way too expensive for the performance you get out of it.

It is pretty looking though.

Pretty sure it will, a lot of people on XS use that...though I think it's way too expensive for the performance you get out of it.

It is pretty looking though.

What would you recommend as far as a HS master Hikari? I have looked at the thors hammer, core contact freezer, True 120, Megahalem...etc.... it seems the True 120/Megahalem/Thors Hammer are the best out there.... but I don't care how much it costs as long as it does a great job of air cooling..... any thoughts?

What would you recommend as far as a HS master Hikari? I have looked at the thors hammer, core contact freezer, True 120, Megahalem...etc.... it seems the True 120/Megahalem/Thors Hammer are the best out there.... but I don't care how much it costs as long as it does a great job of air cooling..... any thoughts?

well, if you dont care how much it costs then mabye you can go with a water cooling setup.

well, if you dont care how much it costs then mabye you can go with a water cooling setup.

I meant I don't mind how much the Heatsink costs with those choices... right now with my build I am right at $2,300 ish which is with the Megahalem so I am right around where I want to be.... I think I'll go Water cooling in the future but for now I'm sticking to Air...

If i were you i'd get the True Copper, i've seen some really super things done with it. Quite impressive for air cooling and even rivals that of water cooling to an extent....haha just ask Slaymate his opinion ^_^

HeHeHe, True Copper FTW :D

Actually, I thought about getting a Prolimatech. And yes, it will fit on the EVGA E758-A1. I've heard good things about it so post your results if you buy one :D

HeHeHe, True Copper FTW :D

Actually, I thought about getting a Prolimatech. And yes, it will fit on the EVGA E758-A1. I've heard good things about it so post your results if you buy one :D

Awesome thanks man! Question for you slaymate... Does the HS fit with the Fan facing the back of the case or does it have to be mounted so the fan faces the Video Card? It just looks so huge and I was worried about clearance on the Bridge Heat-sink...

I'm going with this HS but what fan would you all recommend for it? I'm assuming to go with a push setup blowing the air towards the back of the case (if it will fit like that)... thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom