Will This Handle My Power Supply?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChingChong23

Baseband Member
k well im going to buy a new computer (just the insides) and i wanna know if these will run with my power supply.. i think its 350w heres my tower with the power supply

http://www.itwarehouse.com.au/warehouse/detail.htm?ProductID=CA-MT-SF-466+Bl

umm some nforce motherboard, not quite sure what its called
AMD Athlon 3800+ Socket 939
2x 512mb ram or maby 1x 512 ram
7600GS 256mb PCI-16x
80gb HDD WD

umm and 2 dvd re writer drives.. also the tower has a few neon lights and a fan.

I just wanna know will all these items run with this wattage of power supply? or will i have to go get a new one :(

i think i would go with a decent 450W for that at least. the power supplys that come with cases are never very good, and if they fail, can take components with it.

you get what you pay for with PSUs.

well technically speaking the answer is yes, 350w would be fine for what your getting, but as above the ones that come with cases probably arent the best unless the case was very expensive!

So up to you really, as i said 350w IS enough power but its whether you want to risk running that psu, if not get another good quality 350w psu or maybe(thinking about the future upgrades) get a more powerfull 450w-500w which would then give you more scope for future mods

what will i be risking? if say it blows or cant handle my stuff.. will i know strait away? like as soon as i boot it up will it all shut down or will it take awhile then shut off. and whats the worst that could happen?

ChingChong23 said:
whats the worst that could happen?

Famous last words. I'd suggest to go with a better quality PSU as well. In the event nothing happens you're golden, but if the PSU does decide it's seen its last days, and decides to take your hardware with it, you'll be kicking yourself in the arse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom