Will a Gigabyte Intel Celeron 847 1.1 GHz Intel NM70 Mini ITX DDR3 1333 Motherboard handle 4 Foscam Cameras

That's 720p, so yes it's HD just not full HD which is 1080p.

Ok, well, Fry's Electronics has a AMD A6-5400K Trinity/Asus F2A55-M LK combo on sale tomorrow for $88. One reviewer states it idles at 29 watts and plays Blu-rays at 33 watts.

http://images.frys.com/art/facebook/newspaperads/051713a_preview/P7_FRI_051713.html

I am thinking that is fairly good for low power consumption and I believe I will not need to worry about a CPU that is too weak...

Well, how about the built in GPU? Will it get the job done?

My other option was this:

GIGABYTE GA-C847N-D Intel Celeron 847 1.1GHz Intel NM70 Mini ITX Motherboard/CPU/VGA Combo.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-cables-_-na-_-na&Item=N82E16813128585&cm_sp=

But I think it may be too weak.

Soar

Last edited:
It's not the GPU but the CPU that does all that processing. Should be better than the Celery but still dual core. Fry's takes returns and is easier to return something locally. Just give it a shot.

It's not the GPU but the CPU that does all that processing. Should be better than the Celery but still dual core. Fry's takes returns and is easier to return something locally. Just give it a shot.

PPM,

I still have all sorts of CPU's sitting on my shelf or bench.

I am trying to select the CPU that can easily get the job done [4-6 Foscams], and yet suck as little energy as possible [because it will be on 24/7, 365 days a year].

Here is what I have available right now:

AMD A4-3400
AMD FX 8350
Intel 2500K
AMD 945
AMD 965
AMD 1055T

So please, tell me what will work and keep the energy consumption at a low rate!

I am more than willing to purchase the AMD A6 5400 if that will work...

Thanks,

Soar

Well, all of those are rather power hogs. I honestly believe your 3570 with C-states and speedstep would consume the least amount of power, but that's a waste of 3570.

Since I don't have personal experience with the setup in question the only thing I can do is say try something. Slap the A4 in something and see if it'll handle all of them at once. I only have experience with streaming HD and most of the work load for one video stream is done on the CPU. I don't play 4-6 720p videos at once so couldn't tell you.

Well, all of those are rather power hogs. I honestly believe your 3570 with C-states and speedstep would consume the least amount of power, but that's a waste of 3570.

Since I don't have personal experience with the setup in question the only thing I can do is say try something. Slap the A4 in something and see if it'll handle all of them at once. I only have experience with streaming HD and most of the work load for one video stream is done on the CPU. I don't play 4-6 720p videos at once so couldn't tell you.

Yeah, they all seem to require way too much power to run the application I desire.

I would use my 3570, but the problem is, it sucks nearly 100 watts at idle, 150-180 watts on low powered apps.

That is too much for me.

I want to build a rig that sips the watts, not guzzles them.

Soar

Yeah, they all seem to require way too much power to run the application I desire.

I would use my 3570, but the problem is, it sucks nearly 100 watts at idle, 150-180 watts on low powered apps.

That is too much for me.

I want to build a rig that sips the watts, not guzzles them.

Soar
You need to turn your power settings on then. My 3960x at idle would suck barely 20w. That whole PC idle with both 580s stock would hang a little less than 100w on the wall.

Edit: Considering, the 3960x is a 130w TDP chip and the 3570 is 77w TDP.

You need to turn your power settings on then. My 3960x at idle would suck barely 20w. That whole PC idle with both 580s stock would hang a little less than 100w on the wall.

Edit: Considering, the 3960x is a 130w TDP chip and the 3570 is 77w TDP.

How do I "turn my power settings on?" Are you referring to "power saver" in Control panel?

Thanks,

Soar

Back
Top Bottom