Will it fry my mobo?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosso

Beta member
Hello,
im looking for some help, i recently bought a cheap desktop with crappy intergrated graphics (Packard Bell, Imedia X5115 AIO) it has a Q6600 as CPU and i think thats the only good component that it has, and i love the 22"inch monitor that came with it..
I want to buy a DX10 videocard but i have to change my PSU also because it only has 250watts. The motherboard is a 'Denver 10, NVIDIA GeForce 7050 met nForce 610i' (Kern - Denver 10-moederbord - spec_denver10 - Technische Informatie - IMEDIA X5115 AIO - PB801462A7 - iMedia - platform_amadeus_imedia - Desktop) or should i also buy another mobo?
Any advice would be mutch appreciated;

the mobo will be fine if you dont want to upgrade it just yet. it has the correct pcie x 16 slot. just make sure your new card will fit in the case, its probably pretty small.
a corsair 550 or 650 will be a fine psu upgrade.

i dunno... with a q6600 it would get pretty tough for that 250W one he's got now... have a look for an antec 500W PSU... they're cheap and reliable

Thanks guys for the help, im planning to buy the HD 4870 and +500 Watt PSU in a week or two. I opent the case and looks like its gonna fit (i hope)..
I have another question, a friend of mine has a Radeon X1550 iFan Video Card - 256MB, PCI that i can have but im not sure if its compatible with the mobo? Is PCI the same as AGP, could i place a AGP card on my mobo, it has like 2 PCI slots and looks simular to AGP?

Thanks guys for the help, im planning to buy the HD 4870 and +500 Watt PSU in a week or two. I opent the case and looks like its gonna fit (i hope)..
I have another question, a friend of mine has a Radeon X1550 iFan Video Card - 256MB, PCI that i can have but im not sure if its compatible with the mobo? Is PCI the same as AGP, could i place a AGP card on my mobo, it has like 2 PCI slots and looks simular to AGP?

PCI isn't the same as agp.

PCI is the most common type of expansion slot and you motherboard should have several of them. They are shorter the the pciex16 slot and are usually white.

AGP is the predecessor to pice and is essentially dead at this point. You can't use a agp card on your motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom