Will It Fit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys!

Well it arrived yesterday and I built it up and let me just say -- it's wonderful. The case is superbly laid out with all sorts of gadgets that make installation easier. Power seems to be fine and I ended up going with the 9600 video card as recommended here. However, let me say this, the card BARELY fit and took up all the room for expansions, so it's a good thing that's the only card I wanted to jack in. You guys were an amazing help, so thank you!

So my only problem is a nagging issue that is super minor but I can't fix: only one of the two front USB ports works -- the right one, specifically. Take a look, I'd appreciate some help.

Here is the case: Newegg.com - Antec New Solution NSK2480 Black/Silver 0.8mm cold-rolled steel MicroATX Desktop Computer Case 380W Power Supply - Computer Cases

Notice the two USB ports in front.

And here is my motherboard: Newegg.com - Intel BOXDQ45CB LGA 775 Intel Q45 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

The two USB ports seem to be fused together into a single wire that has like 7 or 8 pins, rather than the typical 4 for an internal USB connection. Anyway, I followed the instructions for both the board and the case, and plugged it in aligned perfectly, or so I think. The right USB port works but the left does not.

On the motherboard, there are 3 USB pin receivers -- USB 1, USB 2 and USB 3. For the **** of it, I started on USB 2. Right USB worked, left did not.

Then I switched the plug to USB 1. Same story.

I feel like I missed a jumper or something. Any ideas?

DOA antec should replace it or live with it not sure about you but I have 14 usb ports on my pc (2 on the keyboard and 2 on the monitor)

Are you 100% sure? how can I check it? I don't want to have to rebuild my whole PC

Its a simple circuit you could fix it at home if you wish and have a soldering iron just find the internal case screws that hold on the front panel internal shield preventing the wires from coming in hickildy pickeldy from the front brackets. If it can be removed then remove the usb board from the front and check there are no issues with the back of the usb port then run your fingers along the cable and to feel for it wire breaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom