will this case work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAATH

Solid State Member
i'm building a gamer/ht system and now all i need is a case. thanx to philbar71 for helping me design my first build. i wanna know if this case is good and if anybody has any experience with these. thanx

Newegg.com - Thermaltake ArmorPlus(Armor+) VH6000BWS Black Aluminum / Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

here's my list for gear...

Newegg.com - Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TpowerX58 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Newegg.com - OCZ Platinum 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

Newegg.com - EVGA 896-P3-1255-AR GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

Newegg.com - Pioneer Black 8X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R 5X DVD-RAM 8X Blu-ray DVD-ROM 4MB Cache SATA Internal Blu-ray Burner 8X Blu-Ray DVD Burner Model BDR-203BK - Blu-Ray Burners

Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX 850W ATX12V 2.2 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

Well it's pretty much more, power for free basicaly. It is done within bios. But if you don't know what you are doing, you can really damage your hardware.

Check it out:
http://www.techist.com/forums/f10/overclocking-section-sticky-index-191382/

what he said if you dont want to over clock dont overclock it can damage ur CPU thats why i havent done it to mine

but yeah that case is fine for your computer

*EDIT*

what do you plan on doing ith the computer?

like gameing ect?

what is ocing? i'm kinda concerned about where to run my hdmi, and rca's from from home audio reciever through a case. sorry... totall newb here.

Wait what? Your home audio and HDMI should not be run "through" the computer case. They will hookup at the back, via the HDMI port/adapter on the video card, and the sound card.

You guys made ocing sound really scary and dangerous when its not. The only way he could damage his components is if he went for 5GHz at 1.9v on his first run with a stock cooler lol. OCing is easy and its free performance with almost no risk if you just ask how to do it first.

Oh and I have the TT Armor (not plus) and its a great solid case. The flaps on the front can be a bit annoying sometimes but its really no big deal. I wouldn't turn down the case just for that reason. This thing is heavy so don't plan on moving it frequently

Wait what? Your home audio and HDMI should not be run "through" the computer case. They will hookup at the back, via the HDMI port/adapter on the video card, and the sound card.

perfect!!!! i thought the sound and video cards would be in the front of the case. sorry, i'm a newb. i've always owned laptops... totally newb to this stuff. i hope to learn more.

what's a good blue-ray(player only) dvd/cd burner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom