Will this build work, please comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats not a low score.. the highest is 7.0... and to get closer than what your score is becomes exponentially more expensive... and to be honest dont pay any attention to that score... it doesnt really mean anything.

Sounds good, thanks Sean.

no worries my friend...

how was your experience building the computer?

It was pretty easy, took about 2hrs.

I am glad I did it myself, now I can upgrade in the future without worry!

Worst part was looking at the MOBO in the box (so many plugs!), but a quick read-through, and it was all down hill.

Also, the fear of static! I kept touching a grounding probe every few secs, and wore latex gloves / did the work on a wood floor.

Added.

Is something wrong with my computer, or do I have to have the fallout 3 disk in my computer to play the game?

Well, if it says 'please insert the disk and relaunch fallout 3' then yes you need the disk. If it doesn't, or just quits unexpectedly, then you've got a different problem. Did you install all the drivers, including updated drivers for your gfx card?

It was just pointed out to me that my heatsink is pointing the wrong way!

LOL

should the fan be pushing the air out the back or the top (the way I have it)?

there is nothing wrong with the way you have it, infact, i would have the rear fan as an intake blowing on the cooler to help dissipate heat, if you have 3 fans in the top exhausting air you dont need the back exhausting the air

Personally I'd change the direction of the HS. If you swapped your back intake it'd compete with your front intake, effectively canceling each other out. Better to do a quick 90 degree turn with the cpu HS.

anyone that is following...

WEI score before
score.png

and after a 4.0ghz OC.
Score2.png

I am going to shoot for

4.2 after my fans come in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom