Will all this work together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

S13DET

Baseband Member
OK, I did a little bit a reading(not much, but I did read) Im a newb to building computers and having high end comp specs. Right now I have an E-Machines T2200 which is starting to get un bearable. So I decided its time for something new. Im building this computer mostly for games, but needs to be able to handle big programs, im a soon to be graphic designer so I need to beable to run PS,Dreamweaver ect. So here are the parts. Lemme know what doesnt work or what may be better. The setup is already costing me 1400 some bucks which is around my limit. Also if im over killing something lemme know so I can save some bucks. Oh and I want this to beable to play Unreal 2007,Battlefield 2024,FEAR and other good games that are coming out soon. So is my goal accomplishable with this setup?

Processor/CPU
Intel Pentium D 950 3.4GHz LGA 775 Dual Core Processor -224

Ram
OCZ Gold Series 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM Dual Channel Kit System-179.99

Motherboard
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe ATX AMD Motherboard-169.99

DVD Drive
NEC 16X DVD±R DVD Burner Black IDE/ATAPI Model ND-3550A -29.99

Graphics Card
eVGA 256-P2-N584-AR Geforce 7900GT KO 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card-276

Power Supply
Antec TRUEPOWERII TPII-550 550W Power Supply-79.99

Harddrive
Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD2500KS 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive -77.99

Case
Undecided

Monitor
ViewSonic VX922 Black/Silver 19" 2ms LCD Monitor -259.99

Operating System
Microsoft Windows XP Professional X64 Edition with SP2B 1 Pack - OEM-140

Thanks for all the help!

looks good but to save get a 17 incher ... unles you NEED a 19 lol also ..... get a bigger 7200 rpm hdd.... that will save you some money and you shouldnt notice the difference unless your a gotta have the fastest kinda guy

well I am not a intel fan, but GET A CONROE!!!!. it will cost you about the same as what you are currently looking at, it is really called core 2 duo. I would advise reading up on it on the internet, Newegg is good to read reviews and see specs. www.newegg.com

Also if you wnat to play UT2007 you shoiuld at least get a 7900gt instead of a 7800gt. I recomened a EVGA 7900gt KO.

I agree with above that HDD is really not worht that much money. I suggest getting a WD caviear 7200rpm 16MB cache with 250gigs of space, it will actually cost less.

But other than that it looks good, my advice is to just hang out on the forums fo ra while and soak up what people are talkiong about to leanr a lot more.

Hey guys thanks for the input. Ive editited my other post to reflect the changes you guys suggested. I saved close to 200 bucks! Thanks guys!

Oh, and on another note. Like I said before im new to this stuff, what kind of case should I be getting is there a company that makes better cases or is just user preference. Im looking for mostly a black case with a couple leds and clear sides. I was searching Newegg.com for them but none seem apealing any other sites? Oh and I plan to get all of my PC parts from Newegg. Do they have good prices or should I check out some other sites/

Once again thank you for your patients with me and helping make a sweet comp! :p

do you pla n on over clocking? that memory is good for that but if you wanna save some more get some valueselect..... unless you plan to oc if so keep this one new egg is the best/ cheapest/ most popular umm lian makes good cases ( i think thats how you spell it ) so does thermaltake .... also if oyu get a case w/ 120mm fans they spin slower so its not as lound but the 80mm spin faster so it may be louder and if oyu wanna try an amd build somebody should be able to whip one up ....

Im not sure what Over-Clocking is and seems to difficult so "no" I wont be overclocking it. I will if its needed to play UT2007,FEAR,BF2024 and newer games. I was torn between the AMD or the Intell someone said the Dual Core 2 Itel one was better then the AMD so im still unsure of that.Ill probly try to get 120mm fans, i like quietness.lol

Intel's Core 2 Duo is by far the best processor on the consumer market to date, and I would seriously recommend getting one.

So the processor I have listed is the one I should get (below if your too lazy to scroll back up :)
Intel Pentium D 950 3.4GHz LGA 775 Dual Core Processor

If thats the case then, all thats left to find is a case. And ill be at around my max amount of 1500. Could some do a quick explanation on over clocking, and do I need it to run UT2007, and BF2025,and newer games?

S13DET said:
So the processor I have listed is the one I should get (below if your too lazy to scroll back up :)
Intel Pentium D 950 3.4GHz LGA 775 Dual Core Processor

If thats the case then, all thats left to find is a case. And ill be at around my max amount of 1500. Could some do a quick explanation on over clocking, and do I need it to run UT2007, and BF2025,and newer games?
No that's the Pentium D.. you want Core2Duo (Or Conroe.. same thing)

I'll let smarter people explain overclocking.. but at it's most basic level I s'pose you could just say it's raising the clock speed of a processor. IE overclocking a 2.4Ghz processor to a 3Ghz processor. It's not a 'feature' like SM3.0 etc you need to run a game.. just a way to speed some things up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom