Will an 8800GTS be enough for a good gaming system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint71

In Runtime
I need to order some more parts to finish my new build including a video card. I was wondering if the 8800GTS will give me good results for current and upcoming games. I dont think I want to pay over $400 on the video card so the 8800GTS seem slike a good choice. What do you guys think?

The card is very powerful, however do not expect to max out upcoming games like crysis/alan wake BUT it should be able to max out or nearly max out any game on the market now.

yes i believe you will be able to play on 1440 x 900 on max setting on all current and MOST upcoming games, but if you're playing on a higher resolution i'd recommend savin up a few more and getting a 640mb

i have a GeForce 8800 GTS Superclocked 640MB and i can play just about any game out there right now on maxed out settings and highest resolution... its worth getting the 640MB and the Superclocked Edition is only slightly more expensive for a bit more of an edge... i got mine on sale for the same price as the basic GTS... point being, i am very pleased with my GTS and its a helluva card for the price thatll max out almost everything now, and will more than likely hold its own into the future... - RK

you can always get the stock core speed one and manually Overclock it :)

Don't waste the extra money for the factory overclocked cards. You can do it yourself and save some cash. Why pay a company extra money to do something you can do yourself and save the extra $20-$50 for some other part.

Also I wouldn't recommend getting the 640 unless you game at over 1680 x 1050 (so sayeth b1gapl).

thats what i said, but if he has the money you can always save it to use on a later nvidia series like whatever comes after the 9 series, 10 series maybe?

the only other options are 2x GTS or a GTX or 2x GTX... Anything above a GTS is absurd for someone like me!

I agree especially when the 9 series will be coming out soon and by the time that 8800GTS 320mb is not cutting the mustard the 9 series will be cheap enough that you can upgrade :) Than again I am a cheap *******!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom