WIFE SAID I CAN BUILD A NEW PC! Suggestions please! Thanks

King$nake

In Runtime
Hello! I built my current PC back in 2007 (specs in sig). The only thing different is I am running Windows 8.1 32 bit now.

Its been a good PC, but it's time to upgrade.

For reference, the only (3) games that I really play is WarThunder, BeamNG and iRacing - but my profession is web/graphic/video design, so I need a PC that can handle all.

My big question is, looking below - what parts can I reuse from my old PC? Anything? I think the only thing worth salvaging is the 750W PS, but its not a modular PS so there are wires everywhere. My next build I want to do clean.

Is the i7 series still the latest and greatest for CPU? When I built my rig in 2007 I tried to go all out and get the best stuff, and even after almost 8 years it has held up somewhat well...I would like to do the same with this build.

Also, no 3-monitor setup, so multiple GPU wont be necessary - but I do plan on going 4k monitor.

Thanks!

Would like to stay under $1200 for the PC itself. Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse are seperate budget

I wouldn't hop on the 4k bandwagon yet. You won't be able to properly game on 4k with a single GPU and scaling down to 1080p will look bad on games. Unless you don't care.

To the PSU you say it's not modular, but in your sig it says modular.

Depending on the actual model the case is more than likely reusable too.

As to the actual parts, yea the i7 is top dog but are you doing any real rendering, or do you use any CUDA enabled software? If you do use CUDA enabled software a good GPU will take the blunt of the work and you could save 100 bucks on simply getting an i5.

Either way 1200 is a good amount for a PC so you'll wind up with something nice.

Back
Top Bottom