1GB of Dual Channel RAM
EMACHINE (crappy) Hard drive

Now my friend has these specs:
AMD Athlon 64 3500+ 990 MHz
1GB of RAM (regular no dual channel)
and a Geforce 6600 (regular)
and a GOOD Hard Drive

Now a Radeon X800 however is better then a Geforce 6600
we both play quake 4, and you guys know how it says Detect Reccomended settings??

Well when he clicks that, it reccomends his system for HIGH QUALITY
and it reccomends mine for LOW QUALITY.... now is it my hard drive i have to replace??? we both run Windows i have updated everything

also just to let you know, my mother board is

nforce4 Platinum PCI-Express

Oh yeah may i also add that when i put quake 4 on High quality anyways, it gets really choppy like, its brought it down to 7fps one time and that cant be good at all.. it does the same thing on Medium Quality, and it only runs good on Low but im not running it on low, because it looks crappy

i dont think that your graphics card is better than his but it should run well with Q4

Depends if ur hard drive is nearlly full, u mite need 2 uninstall stuff, or u have a virus.

Another thing i played GTA:SA and it was all choppy, but all i had 2 do was press 1 button on setting i fogot what it was, like filtering or something, just keep testing the video settings.

technically my video card is better then his.. he has 8 pipelines i have 12, and my card is faster. but i have a slow hard drive, and people sasy if i get a faster one, it should help.

Ok Quake 4 and Doom 3 tend to favour Nvidia graphics architecture better than ATI.

Please remember that the X800 does not support Shader model 3.0
Which may be the problem.

The hard drive practically has nothing to with the gameplay, unless you have low amount of RAM and it needs to be accessed regularly which is not the case with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom