Widescreen Monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Timaphillips said:
Doesn't the bar in the center of the game bother you? That's the only thing keeping me from getting a second monitor. I'm debating the Dell widescreen also. But two screens for AutoCAD and my work would definately be better. Decisions, decisions...

Well you don't stretch things across the monitors, you can but if thats what you want your much better off with a widescreen. The advantage of 2 monitors is that you have two descrete screens which is sort of like haveing two computers but with one mouse and keyboard.
I often playa game on one screen and have stocks ticking on the other, also when browsing the net haveing two broswers open is cool.

i know man, but if the program such as RealPlayer or the shitty WMP, doesn't support the widescreen, then.......

oh about the mac, i am going to get a pc, they are cheaper and you can expand them and all lots of other cool ****, but i might go for a mac laptop maybe, after the PC. But what about the graphics card could the GeForce 7600 GT be able to support the native resolution?

yeah u dont need to expand, there is an option called clone i think, its duplicates the screens where u can drag-drop from one screen to another.

[Native and maximum resolution is 1680x1050. That is the resolution you will want to run games in to get the best picture quality as long as the game supports it.

DVD movies are 480p, so 640x480 resolution. DVDs look very good on it with my 6800GT and Nvidia Purevideo. And like was said, most all DVDs are wide-screen now, however most actually are not 16:9, and FYI, the aspect of this monitor is 16x10 (as are most wide-screen computer monitors. Most movies are actually wider and slimmer than 16x9, but they vary. This means you will still have some top and bottom bars, as is the case with wide-screen TVs as well. It is just way better than 4:3 aspect ratio.

As far as the Mac question, not sure, but TBH I don't see how it wouldn't work :confused:

BTW, games I have that support the resolution:
All HL2 games (CS:S, DOD:S, HL2 etc.)
Civilization IV
COD 2

Games I have that do not support it:
BF2 (don't play it anyways :confused: )
FEAR

However, FEAR works with directions found here. You will also find many games on that site that can be fixed to work with your resolution.

someone else mentioned HD monitors, which basically are LCD's with an HDTV tuner built into them, no? Would anyone reccomend buying one of those insead? or waiting for a reasonably priced 20" model?

oh and what about: NFS Most Wanted and World of Warcraft? Do they support widescreen?

idiotec said:

DVD movies are 480p, so 640x480 resolution. DVDs look very
just want to corect this

DVD movies are 720x480

VCD resolution is 352x240
SVCD resolution is 480x480

just google it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom