Wich memory for Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD4-B3 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FelipeBSR

Solid State Member
Hello all! I have a big doubt about wich memory to buy. I really need 8GB, this PC will be for gaming and, mainly, to work. I'm thinking about the Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 memory, will it work in this MOBO? I'm building a PC in Brazil, so i may not have access to everything you have.

Here are the configs:

Processor: Core i7 2600 Box

MOBO:
Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD4-B3

Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8Gb CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9?

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1Tb ST31000524AS x 1

SDD: Kingston SV100S2/64GZ x 2

Case: Cooler Master Sniper

Font: Antec EarthWatts EA750 750W

VGA: Geforce GTX 560 ti MSI Frozr (in the future, i'll make an SLI)

Monitor: Samsung BX 2250

Best Regards,
Felipe

You don't need such a high power PSU if you're not planning on upgrading anything major in the future. But yeah the memory you've picked is a good choice :thumbsup:

Also, I'm not sure if this is the same in Brazil or not, but the Antec Earthwatts series do not come with a power cable as it is intended to be a replacement.

Many thanks for the replies! :)

Some people told me that the z68 MOBO's chipsets are better than P67. So, what about switching the GA-P67A-UD4-B3 to a GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3? I've just found one of the last with the same price in a promotion!

If the GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3 is better, will it fit in a Cooler Master Sniper (SGC-6000-KKN1-GP) case?

If i choose 2 Geforce gtx 570 Frozr in SLI... what about changing the PSU to a XFX 750W Black Edition Modular?

Thanks again! :)

The only difference of the z68 chipset is SSD caching where a SSD becomes the cache of a larger mechanical drive, and the feature where the cpu graphics take over when the dedicated gpu is not necessary (there are other minor differences, but these are the main ones)...if you don't think you'll need these features, don't waste the extra money on that chipset

Also make sure that the Cooler Master Sniper can fit the GTX 570 Frozr...not sure how long of a card that supports or how long that card is...if you haven't already done so..

Thanks, NightFox! I've just checked and the gtx 570 fits the case.

Please, help me also on those doubts, i don't have much experience with computer hardware:

- If i buy a core i7 2600k (instead of 2600) and don't overclock it for now... will i need to buy a processor cooler?
- The XFX 750W Black Edition is enough for 2 gtx 570ti frozr in SLI mode?
- The GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 is even cheaper than GA-P67A-UD4-B3 here in Brazil. Wich one should i buy? Wich one is better for future overclocks?

Best Regards,
Felipe

1. You should. Even though the 2600's run very cool (and you CAN overclock with a stock heatsink) it's just a wise investment to grab a $40-50 heatsink. Higher 24/7 clocks achievable and cooler temps.

2. Assuming you mean GTX 560 Ti. No, for an SLI setup you'll need more than that. Probably 1000W would be good I'm a retard, disregard this one.

3. The first model is rev 1.0, so it's possible (even probable) there are flaws yet to be discovered and/or corrected. Both have a pretty good feature range, how much cheaper is the first mode?

Was looking at a GTX 560 ti SLI setup for the future as well. I've read a number of different reviews, some forums say 650w and I've seen tests that put cards alone at 571w to 628w (2nd one is OC'd). Depending on if you're overclocking your CPU and GPUs you should be fine with a quality 750-850w PSU, depending on how much leeway you want.

Thanks everyone for the replies!

Night Fox, i'll buy this PSU you suggested me!

S0ULphIRE,
3. The first model is rev 1.0, so it's possible (even probable) there are flaws yet to be discovered and/or corrected. Both have a pretty good feature range, how much cheaper is the first mode?

Please, take a look in the MOBOs and prices(i'll have SSDs and Raid 0 HDDs). Wich one should i take? I want to have a good one. I can search for others MOBOs here if you suggest me.

GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3 - $ 370
GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 - $254
GA-P67A-UD3 - $ 302
Asus P8P67 LE - $ 283
(brazilian prices... full of taxes!)

Many thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom