Why won't it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

small256

In Runtime
I've put my machine together, finally. All rigged up, everything plugged where it should be (Or at least i think it is) it even boots up! However, it gets as far as the first screen in which it says about temperature and what i'm using, and at the bottom of the screen it has an error message saying: IDE channel 1 no 80 conductor cable installed. what exactly does this mean?

Hmm...I don't know...IDE--Hard drive, maybe?

Is this just in the boot screen or are you talking about the BIOS settings? If you can get there, check to see it is recognising your HD and CD drive.

yeah sorry, i just wasnt getting any answers from that one and i havent got much tme to saort it out. sorry
and yeah it is recognising my DVD drive and HD. or at least it knows they're there.

edit: i managed to capture the bluescreen (whic i forgot to mention) on camera, even though it flicked up for only about 0.10 of a second. Incredibly lucky i can tell you. It seems to be a problem with the HD and the thing about the 80 cable isnt actually why it isn't loading. its a message that appears when the mobo recognisises that you could be using an 80 wire cable rather than 40 wire and says that you could be running faster. But thanks for all your help, i'm going to recover what i can from my HD and then format it and satrt again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom