Why Partition a HD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i guess all of these questions i've just had were pointless then. i'm considering buying a second HD so i can set up a raid 0 configuration.

infiltrator7 said:
i guess all of these questions i've just had were pointless then. i'm considering buying a second HD so i can set up a raid 0 configuration.

the little speed boost that you get with raid 0 isn't worth the trouble as it makes the drives half as reliable. use the second drive for storage

so you're saying to have 1 main drive (250gb) and then add the other drive separately? ex. main drive is C, secondary drive as, say, D?

use the smaller drive as C. make a 30 gig partition for windows on it. use the rest as the my documents folder. use the other hdd for music or video. put your swap file at the beginning of the second hdd in it's own partition.

hmm, ok. i think i'll prolly buy the same sized hard drive as the one i have now, unless i get a raptor. do you think its worth getting about the third of the space of a 250gb hd? will there be a performance increase with a raptor, or should i just buy a 250gb 7000rpm hd?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom