Why is new pc always "not responding"

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaybe1

Baseband Member
I've built my new pc but alot of the time programs including My Computer freeze and say not responding i have 2GB of ram so cant be that. Any ideas ?

How about some more info? Things like OS, GFX card and drivers, and so forth. What is not responding? Windows? IE? Minesweeper? What else is running?

There can be several things that can cause a program to stop responding. One of the first things you should do is scan for malware. Even if it is new, if it has been online it has been exposed.

Sorry running xp pro. Its just anything i try to do it seems slow. I just had IE open and my computers. I did come back wednesday evening after leaving the pc on and all the icons on the task bar on the bottom left were muddled together and that happened me before on my laptop when i got a virus but i have anti virus (kaspersky) surely that would pick it up ?

Sorry running xp pro. Its just anything i try to do it seems slow. I just had IE open and my computers. I did come back wednesday evening after leaving the pc on and all the icons on the task bar on the bottom left were muddled together and that happened me before on my laptop when i got a virus but i have anti virus (kaspersky) surely that would pick it up ?

how bout we just blame it all on bill gates and his lousy OS. . .

Scanned for viruses and nothing came up. Might have to reinstall the O.S see if that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom