Why is my setup so slow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
question for syphanx:
so you have windows and program files loading off one hd, and your settings and documents loading off another..
actually two questions, i am not being fecicious, i really don't know...
is there no problem loading a document from say, microsoft word, if it is stored on a different hd as the program itself?
and, where do you install your new files, programs, etc?

yup you should just use a 32bit OS unless your games are written in 64bit? Remember more ram never hurt anybody(Except my wallet) you could also try disabling the page file or moving it

dude i have basically the same setup as you an asus m2n32 sli deluxe
amd athlon 4800
2 gb of corsair
geforce 7950 gx2
and i did have x64 but i unstalled due not to slowness but many incompatibility issues just use professeional 32 bit untill they start to use 64 bit more trust me windows pro is fine for now just wait running in compatibility mode only works for some things and for a short time.(make sure the drivers u installed are the 64 bit edition it matters)

nagasama said:
question for syphanx:
so you have windows and program files loading off one hd, and your settings and documents loading off another..
actually two questions, i am not being fecicious, i really don't know...
is there no problem loading a document from say, microsoft word, if it is stored on a different hd as the program itself?
and, where do you install your new files, programs, etc?

Yeah I have documents and settings + windows stored on my C: drive and everything else on my D: drive, nup there is no problem at all loading a file from the D:, for example like a word document. I really wanted to put the program files on the D: drive as well as its 250gb max capacity, but just cbf re-installing everything, but yeah it works fine for me :D
Nerw programs get installed to the programs file folder which is located in C:, but I wanna change that, cause ive only got 25gb left on C: and like 215gb left on D:.... My dad did most of it so I'll just get him to change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom