Why is Intel so popular

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Re: Re: Why is Intel so popular

harley3344 said:
I had an Idea but i would like to know other peoples thoughts about the subject thank you vary much.

Was An obvious answer, Still Obvious is that the companies haven't switched because Intel has locked them into these Deals.

It's totally clear that Intel has cross-promotion deals going on with a demanding majority of prebuilt computer companies. Intel gained huge market share in the 90's, and they stayed ahead with huge market budgets to make everyone remember the little 'techno-jingle' on every commercial possible.

Ryan

Trifid said:
Well the home user is quite a small market compared to all the schools and buisnesses there are, who all use Intel. My school has about 400 computers in that all have intel CPU's.

Intels are better at applications as well.

Don't even joke. The home market is HUGE. Your school may have 400 computers, but I'm guessing atleast 2000 kids attend the school. Thats 2000 computers at home for every 400 at school. And that isn't even a good example.

If it wasn't for Dell/HP/Compaq, etc, AMD would be on top of the market for sure. Infact, MOST performance enthusiasts use AMD processors. Its by and far the home and commercial market that keeps Intel on top. Like was said before, Intel pratically hands out their processors.

I want to see the BS that will go on in a uneducated user's head when they see Intel's new ~2.0GHz processors.

Flanker said:
I want to see the BS that will go on in a uneducated user's head when they see Intel's new ~2.0GHz processors.

I know... They're gonna be clueless. I can see the bum standing in best buy right now... "Well, if it's only 2 gigahertz, then I'll go with the older Pentium 4's. Those are way faster." And then the bum that works at best buy is totally backing him up, "Yeah, that's what I thought too. That's why I just bought one of the Pentium 4's before we stocked out. They're way faster."

Ryan

If it wasn't for stupid, uneducated people, Intel wouldn't sell any P4's right now. I think the only good CPU that Intel puts out right now is the Pentium M. That is a great processor that gives AMD a serious run for it's money.

You answered your own quetion multiple times. Intel has money, money = contracts and bribery. Also, the dumb idiots at home like called upon see the bigger # and buy it. Also AMD is better at applications, its called the X2 processor. So you got gaming and Apps on AMDs side, who wins? AMD.

Lol guys don't call everyone stupid just because they don't know everything about computers. Most people don't even know AMD is a company and if they do they would rather go with Intel because they think it's a more prominent company. And then the other people that know about AMD thinks AMD is bad because its 2ghz behind.

Those people make up probaly 90% of the people that buy comps. It doesn't mean they're stupid or dumb it means Intel is playing the game the right way.

NeedAcpu said:
Lol guys don't call everyone stupid just because they don't know everything about computers. Most people don't even know AMD is a company and if they do they would rather go with Intel because they think it's a more prominent company. And then the other people that know about AMD thinks AMD is bad because its 2ghz behind.

Those people make up probaly 90% of the people that buy comps. It doesn't mean they're stupid or dumb it means Intel is playing the game the right way.

Good answer (I didn't know AMD existed in June of '05) but I DO think that the people are at fault. When you're buying something like a PC you should do your homework on it. I would definately call myself stupid about computers back in June.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom