Why is Intel so popular - Page 13 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 09:31 PM   #121 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Send a message via AIM to tommyboy123x

Quote:
Originally posted by kahlos
Lol love it. Keep posting people keep posting. Put i sticky on this one. Make Intel DIE! LOL. Just bought a good opteron 165 so that should help us destroy intel. Cost a good £230
i think that is a little harsh... why should a company "die" just because it is on the top. That is like microsoft. I dont understand why people don't like them or their products, only windows.... it seems to be the "cool thing" so then all of the people who dont know what they are talking about just repeat what they heard and say "microsoft sucks".

Intel is a very smart company. you cannot say you hat them because they make "worse" processors or they have a "monopoly" on pre-built machines. Some people swear by intel and have horrible experiences with AMD processors. You have to remember that this forum is going to be very bias towards AMD because most of you buy AMD because you are gamers or need a higher quality processor with a larger [price] tag. In some ways, Intel is much better than AMD, because they do stuff like advertise and put a logo on all of their computers. If AMD had any brains, they would start advertiseing, investing in more fabs, maybe shift around the payroll, and basically move and invest enough money around so that they can afford a measily 1 million dollars for advertising during desparate houswives or something. everyone watches that....

Personally, as you may have noticed by my sigs, i am an AMD fan, but if Intel steps it up and threatens AMD's current commanding lead in home processors, i will switch to Intel in a heart beat. I just feel like too many people are AMD "fanboys" and will not look at each processor individually, research it, look at reviews, and buy one that is exactly for you. You would have to be foolish to waste your money on something that may not be as good as the new Intel "pentium 5" (future generation).

Unfortunatelly, i feel like this thread is going in circles and i keep re-typing the same thing... but to summarize the above, you cannot say something like "Intel<AMD", but rather "x2>pentium d". i can only hope next time you build a system you don't go streight to the AMD section, but carefully see if the new Intel will be right for you or not.

Dollar Hauler [dot] Com :)
Old 02-16-2006, 09:37 PM   #122 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

AMD is like that NO-AD sunscreen. On the bottle it says they don't advertise so they can put there money toward there product. And it is the best sunscreen lol. That's what I think of when I think AMD.

ATI Radeon x1950xt
MSI RD480 Neo2 Crossfire Mobo
Western Digital 160gb SATA HDD
Fortron 450 watt PSU
KINGWIN SK-523BKP Case
Logitech MX518 Gaming Mouse
Old 02-16-2006, 09:41 PM   #123 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

hahahhaa, the funniest thing is i've never heard of NO-AD.... but nice comparison. I still dont understand why AMD couldnt just pinch out a few dollars to get a formal tv ad or even a theme song of some kind!!

Old 02-16-2006, 09:44 PM   #124 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

NO-AD owns. AMD owns. NO-AD stands for not advertised. AMD doesn't advertise. See you would of never thought sunscreen and cpus were so closely related.
ATI Radeon x1950xt
Fortron 450 watt PSU
KINGWIN SK-523BKP Case
Old 02-16-2006, 09:45 PM   #125 (permalink)
Super Techie

Actualy I have seen a few ads from AMD. I've only seen them on OLN but still.
Old 02-16-2006, 09:48 PM   #126 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Lol, what logic is that? Advertising to people who spend there whole life outside and go on month long journeys down the nile. What are they thinking?
ATI Radeon x1950xt
Fortron 450 watt PSU
KINGWIN SK-523BKP Case
Old 02-16-2006, 09:53 PM   #127 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by NeedAcpu
Lol, what logic is that? Advertising to people who spend there whole life outside and go on month long journeys down the nile. What are they thinking?

AMD. WE GET YOUR **** PROCESSED EVEN IN THE BUSH.
Old 02-16-2006, 10:08 PM   #128 (permalink)
Super Techie

but i think this is all biased because at the moment intel doesn't make good high quality cheap im a amd fanboy at the moment but like tommyboy said i would switch to intel if they made processors that outperformed amd's at a good price but since they don't im sticking with my amd =)
MSI Neo4-f
Anec true power 480 watts

-92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy this.
Old 02-16-2006, 10:46 PM   #129 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

exactly...

Old 02-16-2006, 11:07 PM   #130 (permalink)
Super Techie

lol

MSI Neo4-f
Anec true power 480 watts

-92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy this.
Closed Thread