Why is Intel so popular

Status
Not open for further replies.
And as for AMD having 1.5 fabs (one being closed down), thats just not enough people, much less people to lay off...

Both are excellent chip makers. They have carved out different nithes! Both will remian successful because their products do what they advertise them to do! It's like high performance Covette lovers vs Saleen Mustangs....uniquely different enigneering with the same result.....Fast and dependable!!!!!!! :)

RicoDirenzo said:
It's like high performance Covette lovers

Thats me right there :)

Nice post though, kudos. You're absolutely correct, and I agree. But judging the two as companies (and not the quality of their products, though Cornoe will destroy Athlon 64s) I would have to say that Intel is the market favorite.

Think of it this way; after Conroe comes out, Intel will be Google, while AMD will be MSN Search. Google will own it up.

But about all those stock market things everyones talking about Intel is at the top and has ALOT of room to drop while amd being on the bottom can pretty much only go up espacially if they start putting them in dells and people know about them more

intel is good for general computing

like email, internet surfing, chatrooms and stuff like that

it just sucks when it comes to gaming

but if you're not that much of a gamer even an intel proc can satisfy u

ugh, I should have never even mentioned the concept of the conroe...now there are going to be baseless assumptions that it's the greatest thing since sliced bread

bonehelm - any processor will satisfy the home user, otherwise intel wouldnt make the celeron, which is just tinfoil with a label. To be the most popular, the AMD upper management should just spend part of their pay on commercials instead of a better car

gaara said:
ugh, I should have never even mentioned the concept of the conroe...now there are going to be baseless assumptions that it's the greatest thing since sliced bread

You didn't mention anything, don't give yourself too much credit. Knew about this a long time ago.

So tell me how a 3.33Ghz Dual Core (and thats in K8-speeds) isn't the greatest thing since sliced bread? How about 2.4Ghz Dual Cores for $315?

"Especially when the moon shakin dat @$& in de DJ..."

bonehelm said:
intel is good for general computing

like email, internet surfing, chatrooms and stuff like that

it just sucks when it comes to gaming

but if you're not that much of a gamer even an intel proc can satisfy u
How would you know that? :confused:

I admit, I think AMD IS better when it comes to performance, but i wouldn't go as far as saying that Intel chips Suck when it comes to gaming. Cmon now. How would you REALLY know that? They probably just lag a lil' bit...

The P4 dosn't have 64 bit core yet. That's why they try to make it up through clock speed.

:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom