Whole new PC for games, please help me choose it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks good too. But I really miss the backlight.
G15 looks awesome, but quite expensive for me.
Hopefully someone has experience with the K8100.

EDIT: What mouse are you using Roark? G5, for a few years, here :)
Also, would you recommend me some side fan for HAF 922?

I use a Microsoft Sidewinder (link) absolutely love it, but I'd be happy with a G5 too :yum:

Here is what I posted in the other thread for a Czech build for cooling the HAF 922:
The HAF 922 is a great case for cooling. I would suggest getting some more fans for the side panel over the GPU.
It has room for 2x 120mm fans, but I'm not sure if the top spot will be blocked by the CPU cooler.

I would buy 2 fans and you can do a number of things with them:
2 on the side panel; 1 on side panel 1 on bottom; 2 on top and move 200mm on top to the side.

First one is cheaper, second one has red LEDs and a little more air-flow. Either will work.
Airen RedWings120 - Czech Computer | czc.cz
CoolerMaster SickleFlow, 120mm, Red LED - Czech Computer | czc.cz

If you get 2x 120mm you have more flexibility.
"2 on the side panel; 1 on side panel 1 on bottom; 2 on top and move 200mm on top to the side."

If you get 1x 200mm there is only one place it can go, and if it doesn't fit for some reason, not enough clearance because of the CPU cooler lets say, then you're boned.
Of course that can be remedied by simply measuring how much clearance you have, or moving the 200mm on top to the side and making sure it fits.

In case 200mm, wich one would you recommend? Not much of a choice in czc.cz :D
Chladi
I'll think about it. Not quite sure, if I need more fans. :D But cooler is better I guess, since I wanna overclock the CPU.
Btw. what do you think about putting PSU, with the fan towards the ground? I'm not sure about it, since it's on carpet = dust.

Haha, they are the same fan. Its up to you if you want red or blue LED on it.
I checked Alza, they don't even carry 200mm fans.

I think it is better having the PSU pointed down so it is pulling in fresh air.
Dust is going to happen, though there might be a dust filter over the grill under the case?
The main problem with doing that on carpet is sucking in bits of carpet, or if it is high carpet having it block the intake and choke your power supply.
If you can its best to put the computer on your desk, or cut out a piece of wood/cardboard/platic/etc.. for it to stand on.

I know you will laugh, but it is on a table...but the table has a carpet on it. :D
I will cut the bit out. :) I didn't want to do that, since I wasn't sure if I will not turn the PSU upsidedown.
And unfortunatelly my HAF does not have dust filter at the bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom