Whole new PC for games, please help me choose it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Putting it on the other side is worse than moving it up (3mm is just a hair more than 1/8"). The fan only needs to be moved up if the very 1st memory slot is used and Asus recommends using the 2nd and 4th slots for the memory your using (a 2x4GB kit) whether it has large heatspreaders or not.

This "so called" problem is not really a problem at all, with the Cooler Master 212+. The very best way to eliminate any possibility of a problem is to buy the memory I suggested earlier.

Corsair Vengeance Low Profile Blue 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600 (CM - Czech Computer | czc.cz

Moving it to the other side of the heatsink means that the fan will be pushing the hot air from the heatpipes over your RAM and into the front of your case, not the best idea for keeping things cool.

I'm still not sure, how to move the fan. From the video it seems it has only 1 position on eatch side.

Btw. seems in Czech, we are out of GTX 580 Superclocked. Is there any big difference between Superclocked version and the normal one?

Roark: That means the fan should be closer to the RAMs? Like on the video.

Yes, what happens is the fan pushes the air through the heatsink and toward the fan in the back of the case where it gets sucked out.
Honestly should be a non-issue though, like Slaymate said, Asus suggests using the 2nd and 4th slots so the 1st slot, closest to the fan, will be empty anyway.

The only difference between the Superclocked and normal version, as far as I know, is that the Super was overclocked in the factory and deemed stable at those speeds, so they sell them off at a premium to people who don't want to risk overclocking themselves.
It should come with EVGA's tuning utility that will let you overclock it to the Superclocked's speeds anyway, so should be fine, you just have to do it yourself.

According to the Windows 7 FAQ and Questions thread on these forums you don't actually need Pro for XPmode anymore.
XP Mode

Now along with this there is also an item known as XP Mode as well. At first this was just used by the higher up versions of Windows 7 and you must have been able to do it via the hardware virtualization option built into your CPU. This has all changed! You can now run XP Mode on any version of Windows 7 and you do not need hardware virtualization. Visit the download site here and use the drop down menus to select the version of Windows 7 you are running and get all 3 files. Install them in the order that they are listed!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom