Whole new PC for games, please help me choose it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it is **** of a hard to resist, but it's like 10PM here (was about 8PM when I brought it), not a good time to build a PC. Prolly tomorrow, if gf and time allows. :D Or weekend - plenty of time and light.

Well ladies and gentlemen, test boot done! :)
Going to have a beer and continue. :)
Here is a photo if you wanna take a look. (Especially Roark :D )
View attachment 4868
Not only showing off, but you can also see if isn't anything wrong.
Also I'm not sure if it depends wich PCIE will I use. Haven't found anything in MB manual.
EDIT: Going thru the manual I!m not quite sure what TPU and EPU does. Anyone?
EDIT#2: Googled and TPU is kinda overclock (5% CPU improvement) and EPU is something with power savings. Still not sure what to turn on/off. :p

Attachments

• DSCF0364.jpg
    DSCF0364.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 69
The first two slots should both run at the same speed, the black one at the bottom will be slower.
Usually just put it in the top spot for cabling convenience, but it really doesn't matter.

On the P8Z68-V Pro Newegg page it has:
TPU & EPU
The TPU chip offers precise voltage control and advanced monitoring through Auto Tuning and TurboV functions. Auto Tuning offers a user friendly way to automatically optimize the system for fast, yet stable clock speeds, while TurboV enables unlimited freedom to adjust CPU frequencies and ratios for optimized performance in diverse situations. The EPU chip provides a real-time, dynamic power saving by automatically detecting current PC loadings and intelligently moderating power consumption. This also reduces fan noise and extends component longevity
Honestly would probably turn them both off. Your components know how much power they need and draw it accordingly. As for the TPU, you can likely do a better overclock (with assistance) than the motherboard can provide.

Look good so far!

I recommend using the top slot for your video card.

I also recommend leaving the TPU and the EPU switches in their default positions, which should be disabled. It's very easy to overclock the system on your own, and the power saving features (Enhanced Intel Speedstep Technology, Intel Adaptive Thermal Monitor, CPU C1E, CPU C6 Report) are enabled regardless of the EPU switch.

Done as you guys said + followed the Newegg awesome vid (seen it like 4 times :D)and thanks to that I'm now writing via my new PC (any keyboard ofc). No problems at all. Just the cooler was a bit of a chalenge (tough to screw in). Also the cabel management could be better, but it's mostly hidden in back. I could send some photos if you're interested.

THANK YOU!

Ok everything seems fine (installing GTA IV to test the power :D), but tell me, what do you recommend to install?
I mean drivers, etc. I ofc installed GPU, LAN, SoundCard drivers and stuff like DirectX. But is there any more drivers I should install?

Can't think of anything else off the top of my head. As long as you aren't getting any missing drivers in the device manager you should be fine.

Wouldn't mind seeing a shot of the inside with everything installed in the case, feel free to post it up.
Here is a link to the "rate the cable management" thread, first post on the link is the HAF 922, might give you some ideas.
http://www.techist.com/forums/f10/rate-wire-management-above-you-150446/index300.html

@ DZimmy, please don't double post, if you have something else to add to the conversation and no one has posted a reply since your last post (within a 24 hr. period), please use the edit button (looks like a pencil) to add it to your previous post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom