Who has good prices on CORSAIR PS's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dauntae is inquiring about Corsair supplies in particular. I don't think he is looking for recommendations on other brands.

I am looking at the PC Power & Cooling even if it is RED....

ah ha!
1 for fat.clown probably 57 for eyeCpc
at least its a start! :p

PC P&C was our forums favorite before the Corsair line was introduced I believe....(then again... enermax and seasonic.. etc are also very good)
I wouldn't recommend it if it wasn't good :p

also the GameXstream has 18A on the 12V per rail
there are 4 rails 18*4 = 72A
but then you have to factor in rails not being utilized fully = power loss
if you look @ the sticker, it says 680W max on the 12V, so its got enough power anyway

ah ha!
1 for fat.clown probably 57 for eyeCpc
at least its a start!

PC P&C was our forums favorite before the Corsair line was introduced I believe....(then again... enermax and seasonic.. etc are also very good)
I wouldn't recommend it if it wasn't good :p

IIRC Seasonic makes all the Corsair and some of the OCZ Power Supplies as well as some of the higher end Antec ones.

PC Power and Cooling is hands down, the best power supply manufacturer.

The only thing bad I have read many times about the PC Power & Cooling is the rebate goes through OCZ and OCZ does not like paying up on rebates, But I have only read that unfortunatly I have seen it a few places so it worries me to get a good price and have to deal with a rebate that doesn't pay off, So i'm still deciding.

Dauntae

Code:
initiating thread hijacking....
I see that Newegg now carries Seventeam PSU's now
Newegg.com - Power Supplies, Seventeam

I've seen them recommended as high tier PSU's on other forums (running along with Seasonic)

a quick googling didn't yield much results for current models

wonder if anyone has come across some reviews for me to read?
Code:
end thread Hijacking

The only thing bad I have read many times about the PC Power & Cooling is the rebate goes through OCZ and OCZ does not like paying up on rebates, But I have only read that unfortunatly I have seen it a few places so it worries me to get a good price and have to deal with a rebate that doesn't pay off, So i'm still deciding.

Dauntae

Most of these companies don't actually process their own rebates.

It could well be that the company that was processing them ran into issues, however from what I've heard a lot of these companies are taking over processing their own rebates now.

They don't want to lose business due to complaints heard most likely. I should be screaming at OCZ about now for never receiving the rebate when ordering the supply here last year. :p

Seasonic is up there along with Corsair and a few others. But if you look those only see 18a on the single rails as well as others even some 1,000w supplies only see 20-25a.

It all depends on what type of case you are putting a new supply into. For topping 60a on a single rail how about 90a instead? Newegg.com - PC Power & Cooling PPCT1200ESA 1200W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom