Where to put my Paging file?

Status
Not open for further replies.
One way to really find out how your system will run with or without it is trying it with the managed by Windows option then disabled and later custom sized to see what seems to run the best for your particular needs there. You have to restart the system after each setting change to actually notice any differences however.

i find that running 2gb ram with bf2 fully cranked and a couple other applications (teamspeak, xfire, etc) and no paging file uses almost all of my physical memory. so, i bought another gb of ram. now with no paging file i can still i can run everything (like six heavy programs) at once while playing an intense game. i dont know why i would want to, but now i have the option, lol.
page file is totally useless if you have enough ram. plus, the cpu is able to access the ram faster, especially with an amd rig.

For just simply running a single player version of a game without a paging on a system with 2gb of memory installed you shouldn't see any need for adding another 1gb. For having several things running at once you are then getting into a multitasking arena there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom